Visit Budapest's Danube River, Vienna's Cafes, and Prague's Lookout Tower
This tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Chicago, New York, or Los Angeles (LAX)
- Three nights standard accommodations at Danubius Hotel Astoria in Budapest
- Three nights standard accommodations at the Roomz Hotel in Vienna
- Three nights standard accommodations at the Hotel Duo Prague in Prague
- Budapest city tour
- Second-class rail from Budapest to Vienna
- Vienna city tour & Schönbrunn
- Second-class rail from Vienna to Prague
- City sightseeing in Prague for two consecutive days
- Breakfast daily
- All taxes
Days 1–4: Budapest
The tour's first stop is Budapest, the Hungarian capital, perched on the storybook banks of the Danube River. Frommer's calls Budapest "architecturally stunning.” You'll have a couple days to explore the city at your leisure, but you'll also embark on a guided city tour that spotlights the architecture and landscape firsthand.
In 1873, the independent cities of Buda and Pest were merged to form Budapest. At the start of a three-hour city tour, you’ll see the Chain Bridge, which once connected the two independent cities; the bridge suspends across the Danube via iron chains. The tour then crosses the river over Margaret Bridge to the iconic Castle District, which has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its myriad historical churches and synagogues. Matthias Church, built in the 13th century, is stunning to behold: it has spindly gothic towers, intricate tilework, and paintings by native Hungarians.
Days 5–7: Vienna
The tour makes its way northwest for a three-day stint in Vienna, Austria, marked by Habsburg architecture, riverside parks, and intimate coffee shops. During your time in Austria, you'll visit the decadent Schonbrunn Palace. The centuries-old castle is almost cartoonishly opulent: it features an outdoor labyrinth, opulent rococo accents, and nearly 1500 rooms, including a hall of mirrors where a young Mozart once performed. The group will then move along Vienna's famed Ringstrasse, a boulevard that encircles the heart of the city lined with palaces, museums, and the State Opera House.
Days 8–11: Prague The final leg of the trip finds you in Prague, nicknamed the City of a Thousand Spires for its church and palace towers that rise high above the Vltava River. The best way to see the river is from atop the Charles Bridge, which has spanned the waterway since the 14th century. Street artists sketch cityscapes from this vantage point. You can also get a panoramic view of the city from Prague's Lookout Tower. Built in the late 19th century, The hilltop structure resembles a mini Eiffel tower and from the very top, you can sometimes see the summit of the Czech Republic's tallest mountain.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Pricing to fly from an airport not listed will vary, call Go-today at (800) 227-3235 to price air from your home city. Other gateways are available to book and air supplements will be charged directly to client when booking package. Air pricing can change at any time based on availability especially during holidays so it is always best to book early as lowest available air can sell out fast.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? You can book pre and post travel, but it is based on availability and if you want to extend your hotel stay at the hotel in the package we will need to request special pricing as it is part of a block.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The number of vouchers is based on how many rooms we have in the block for this promotion so if the voucher is available to book the hotel will be available to book. Air pricing can change at any time based on availability especially during holidays so it is always best to book early as lowest available air can sell out fast.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We closely monitor availability and cap allocation so it is very unlikely that the selected travel dates would not be available. That said, the sooner the redemption through Go-today occurs, the better the chances are that your preferred travel dates will be available.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? It depends on the child’s age. Younger than 2 should be free but you will need to advise hotel. Go-today does not have block space for rooms with children so will have to request them.