Top Reasons to Stay at Hawthorn Inn
- Hawthorn Inn is just a short walk from Camden’s Victorian mansions, the boutique shops in the pedestrian-friendly village, and peaceful Camden Harbor.
- Built in 1894, the inn has a welcoming yellow Queen Anne–style exterior and landscaped gardens that fit right into Camden’s High Street Historic District.
- All guest rooms come with period decor and luxurious amenities, and many have gas fireplaces, private decks, or Jacuzzi tubs.
- The inn is composed of the Main House, which has a large outdoor terrace, decks, and spacious common rooms including a library, and the Carriage House, a 19-century building which has romantic and quiet rooms near soothing Rock Brook.
- In the morning, the innkeepers serve a sumptuous gourmet breakfast made with sustainable produce from local farms. Many of the herbs and accompaniments are grown onsite.
- Hawthorn Inn is elegant and eco-friendly, with staff devoted to recycling and using organic supplies and green-certified products and methods.
Camden, Maine: 19th-Century Architecture and Scenic Vistas on Penobscot Bay
Fondly nicknamed the “Jewel of the Maine Coast,” Camden sits on the shores of picturesque Penobscot Bay in southeast Maine, drawing visitors for its charming oceanfront location. Fodor’s says the area is “one of Maine’s most dramatically beautiful regions” for its rocky coastline. During spring and summer, the harbor fills with yachts, sailboats, and kayaks.
To the west of Camden Harbor lies Camden Hills State Park, where hiking trails skirt the mountainside, leading up to an observation tower with sweeping views of the harbor. When it's colder, visitors stick to exploring downtown Camden. Here, 19th-century buildings now house boutiques, art galleries, antique shops, and mom-and-pop eateries serving Maine’s famous lobster.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
93% of 29 customers recommend
“We had a great stay and look forward to visiting again”
“I appreciated the endless coffee that was available in the dining room every morning. I would also would love to have a small coffee pot available in my room as...”
“I appreciated the endless coffee that was available in the dining room every morning. I would also would love to have a small coffee pot available in my room as I'm a real early bird in the am:) Just sayin..... ”
“My wife and I enjoyed a very nice 2 night stay at this charming bed and breakfast. The location is a short walk (5 minutes) to Camden Center which has many nice...”
“My wife and I enjoyed a very nice 2 night stay at this charming bed and breakfast. The location is a short walk (5 minutes) to Camden Center which has many nice stores for shopping and a number of moderate and upscale restaurants. The owners of the inn were a pleasure to deal with and could not have been nicer. The grounds of the property were in beautiful condition. A wonderful breakfast is served each morning (no meat at breakfast) and is prepared with an artistic presentation. I looked forward to a new surprise breakfast each morning . Camden has a beautiful harbor steps fron the inn and offers sailing excursions daily. Overall a very nice place to stay. We will return again. ”
9 High St
Camden, ME 04843