Huron House - Lake Huron
2-Night Stay for Two with Check-in Available Sunday–Friday. Combine Up to Six Nights.
Hotel at a Glance: Huron House
During your stay at Huron House, you'll want to make the short stroll from the bed and breakfast to the shores of Lake Huron at least twice—once at twilight to watch the moon rising over the water, and again the next morning to see the sun come up in its place. Guests can also enjoy lake views from private decks, some of which feature outdoor hot tubs.
- Noteworthy accolade: TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence 2013
- Breakfast in bed: Complimentary fruit, croissants, and other goodies are brought to your door each morning.
- Individually decorated guest rooms: Feature four-poster beds, DVD players, and wireless Internet access; some have hot tubs and private balconies.
- In-room massages: Available from professional massage therapists for an additional fee
Oscoda, Michigan: River Adventure and Lake Huron Trails in Former Lumberjack Territory
Michigan has designated Oscoda as the official birthplace of Paul Bunyan. The town's newspaper published one of the first known tales about the giant lumberjack in 1906. Today, the area's past as a timber-industry hub is memorialized at the Au Sable-Oscoda Historical Society and Museum as well as the Lumberman's Monument, a huge bronze statue on a bluff overlooking the Au Sable River (a visitor center is open May–October).
Warm months bring out-of-towners to the area for kayaking on Lake Huron and cruises aboard the Au Sable River Queen, an old-fashioned paddlewheel riverboat. The trails surrounding the river and lake are ideal for hiking, especially in autumn, when leaves in the nearby Huron-Manistee National Forest turn vibrant shades of red, orange, and gold. In the wintertime, you can go snowshoeing and cross-country skiing along designated pathways such as the Corsair Trail.
What You Get
2-night stay for two in the Alabaster, AuSable, Corsair, Highbanks, Huron, Iargo, Iosco, or Oscada room
- Option 1: $249 to check in Sunday–Wednesday (up to a $378 value)
- Option 2: $189 to check in Sunday–Wednesday (up to a $378 value)
- Option 3: $225 to check in Friday (up to a $438 value)
Policies and Fees
Book by: 11/22/13
- Blackout days: 12/24/13-1/2/14 and 2/14/14-2/16/14
- Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations subject to $100 fee; 10-day notice or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to Groupon price applies
- Taxes: 8% tax not included
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Complimentary breakfast
- In-room massages available
- WiFi access
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 11/22/13 or promotional value expires
- Valid for travel 9/24/13-10/31/13 or 11/1/13-3/31/14, depending on option purchased
- Not valid on 12/24/13-1/2/14 & 2/14/14-2/16/14
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift
- Limit 3 per visit
- Reservation required; subject to availability
- All cancellations subject to $100 fee; 10-day notice or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Valid only for Alabaster, AuSable, Corsair, Highbanks, Huron, Iargo, Iosco or Oscada room
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- 8% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: N/A
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- By plane: about 67 miles from Alpena County Regional Airport (APN)
- By car: aboiut 200 miles north of Detroit