Isla Marisol Resort/Fantasy Island Eco Resort - Belize
7 Nights for 2 with Meals and Adventure Package. Option for stay at Fantasy Island Eco Resort. Combine Up to 14 Nights.
Private-Island Resort with Caribbean Sea Activities
Since buying Isla Marisol in the 1940s, the Usher family has preserved the tropical landscape and wildlife so visitors today can experience the atoll as it looked and felt generations ago. They allow fishing but have a catch-and-release policy, which helps to maintain the population of colorful parrotfish along the pier. There's an abundance of coconut palms, too, allowing you to gather your own ingredients for a piña colada. Isla Marisol Resort is also privately owned, and it maintains an intimate feel—there are just five all-wood cabins and 11 cabanas dotting the island.
The resort limits its occupancy to 36 guests at any time, and visitors all have access to the entire island, from the 2 miles of jungle to soft-sand beaches studded with conch shells. Vacation packages come with all meals served in the laid-back restaurant. Isla Marisol’s chefs prepare dishes with locally sourced conch and lobster and cook with seasonal produce shipped in from family farms and gardens around Belize.
One Getaways option also includes three nights at the hotel’s sister property, Fantasy Island Eco Resort, as well as transportation between the two properties. Set on its own private island, the resort contains three pastel-colored cabanas pitched above the Caribbean Sea with dazzling views of the Maya Mountains. Guests can feast on complimentary Belizean cuisine at the overwater dining room, which is powered by solar energy. The package also includes daily snorkeling and diving adventures, during which you can explore miles of coral formations and schools of brightly colored tropical fish in the world-famous Belize Barrier Reef.
Adventure Tours in Glover’s Reef
Isla Marisol lies about 35 miles southeast of mainland Belize and is the smallest of three coral atolls in the region. Just offshore, Glover’s Reef abounds with marine life and supports recreational activities such as snorkeling and fly-fishing. For this Getaway, you have the option of exploring the reef in the diving and snorkeling adventure packages.
Diving adventure packages include one dive per day, except the day of arrival. (Some diving equipment must be rented.) A PADI-certified dive master leads each 45-minute excursion, so even noncertified divers can explore sections of the Belize Barrier Reef system—the second-largest in the world. Reefs seem to flower up from the ocean floor at the popular Pinnacles dive site; other dive sites are characterized by subterranean structures such as sheer vertical walls, deep canyons, and grottos.
Much of the coral around the island is located near the surface of the water, which makes it prime for snorkeling. You can feel free to head out your own as much as you like, and there is also one guided trip per day included in the snorkeling package. After a short boat ride across the calm Caribbean waters, peer down into the water—it's so clear, you can see the ocean floor 40 feet below and watch as garden eels and barracudas tango beneath the waves.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
Stay for two in a cabana, valid for check-in Wednesday or Saturday
- Option 1: $1,549 for seven nights at Isla Marisol Resort with a snorkeling package (up to a $2,790 value)
- Option 2: $1,849 for seven nights at Isla Marisol Resort with a diving package (up to a $3,390 value)
- Option 3: $2,459 for four nights at Isla Marisol Resort and three nights at Fantasy Island Eco Resort with a snorkeling-and-diving package and transportation between the two resorts (up to a $4,990 value)
Included in all options:
- Three meals per day for two
- All nonalcoholic drinks, excluding soda
- Transfers to/from the island
Policies and Fees
Book by: 6/28/13
Travel by: 9/15/13
- Packages do not include air from Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport to Dangriga, but flights may be arranged through the hotel at booking for $146 per person round trip.
- Diving and snorkeling do not take place on the days of arrival or departure (does not apply to the day of arrival at Fantasy Island).
- Offer is valid for Wednesday or Saturday check-in. If redeeming this Groupon for check-in/departure on any other day, a fee of US$500 per party of two will apply each way for the island transfer from Dangriga.
- Cancellation policy and fees: cancel 90+ days prior to arrival and $400 fee applies; 89–60 days and $800 fee; 59–31 days and fee of 1/2 Groupon price; 30 days or less and fee up to Groupon price
- Additional fees: $15 park fee per guest per stay not included. 12.5% hotel/sales tax not included.
- Equipment-rental fee of $125 per week not included
- Must be PADI certified (or equivalent) for diving package
- All-inclusive packages do not include alcohol.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Restaurant and bar
- Dive shop
- Kayaking, fishing, and snorkeling gear
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 6/28/13 or promo value expires
- Travel must be completed by 9/15/13
- Check in Wed or Sat or $500 fee applies for island transport each way
- Limit 2 per person/2 as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid for option bought
- Cancel 90+ days prior to arrival & $400 fee applies; 89-60 days & $800 fee; 59-31 days & fee of 1/2 Groupon price; 30 days or less & fee up to Groupon price
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking/check-in
- Must be PADI certified to dive
- No diving/snorkeling on day of arrival or departure
- $15 park fee per guest per stay and $150 equipment fee not included
- 12.5% hotel/sales tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One or two queen beds or double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2 adults and 2 kids
- Adding occupants above standard: up to two kids aged 7–11 may be added for half the regular price of a package; no charge for up to two kids 6 or younger
- Air conditioning
- Porch and hammock area
- Check-in: 2 p.m.
- Checkout: 8 a.m.
- Resort fee includes: use of facilities
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: round-trip flights from Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport (BZE) to Dangriga Town can be booked through Isla Marisol Resort for about $146 per person.
- By boat: transfer boats to Isla Marisol Resort depart from Dangriga Town, 110 miles south of BZE.
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
The Groupon Guide to: Organizing Your Email Inbox
They say an organized inbox is the sign of an organized mind or the mind of a control freak—equally productive. Here's how you can assert power over the hoards of emails dumping into your inbox every moment:
Arrange your emails in order of how many exclamation points they have. Delete the ones with the least.
Delete emails from lawyers or anyone who wants to hold you responsible for your provocative neighborhood graffiti.
Any advertising emails sent to you by a company should be printed out and framed.
Make a folder for emails that would have probably been written as snail mail during gentler times.
If an email has pictures in it, it's either a forward about the power of angels over humans or a forward about hidden glass in movie-theater seats. Either way, pass it along to your entire address book without thinking twice.