All-Inclusive Riviera Maya Vacation
This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- Five nights in a swim-up casita suite at the gourmet all-inclusive El Dorado Casitas Royale, a AAA Four Diamond-rated resort.
- $200 resort credit
- Welcome glass of sparkling wine
- All gourmet a la carte meals and snacks
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages from a selection of local and international premium brands
- In-room mini bar stocked daily with beer, water, and soft drinks
- Daily and nightly activities, including live music and shows
- Bicycles to ride around the premises
- Non-motorized water sports, including kayaks and snorkeling gear
- Scuba clinics in the pool
- Complimentary shuttle to Cancun and Playa del Carmen during select hours
- Concierge service from 8 a.m.–11 p.m.
- Access to 12 swimming pools, two lighted tennis courts with equipment, fitness center, sauna, and steam room
- 24-hour room service (restrictions apply on rainy days)
- All taxes and gratuities
Click here to see more info.
El Dorado Casitas Royale
The stretch of coastline in eastern Mexico known as the Riviera Maya is renowned for having beautiful beaches with swaying palms and colorful underwater reefs. El Dorado Casitas Royale, an all-inclusive, adults-only resort located about 10 miles north of Playa del Carmen, sits near a particularly nice stretch of shoreline called Punta Brava Beach. Guests of the AAA Four Diamond-rated resort can borrow kayaks and snorkeling gear to explore the surrounding waters or simply sunbathe on the soft sand. There are a dozen swimming pools on the property, too—you can recline in a shaded cabana and sip a tropical cocktail from one of 10 swim-up bars.
Each swim-up casita suite is connected to the main pool by a semi-private lazy river. Suites also feature roofless outdoor showers and oversized jacuzzis. A $200 resort credit per room can be used toward romantic dinners or spa services at the 20,000-square-foot Naay Spa Casitas.
With eight gourmet a la carte restaurants onsite, guests of El Dorado Royale should have no trouble finding something to eat, whether it’s sushi, fresh seafood, or authentic Mexican street foods. Be sure to make reservations for the resort’s culinary theater, where chef Julio Gomez curates a themed five-course dinner with wine pairings, all prepared right in front of diners. Throughout the meal, music and videos immerse the audience in the cultures that inspired the menu, which may include European, Mexican, or Caribbean foods. Many of the fresh vegetables and herbs served at each restaurant come from an organic greenhouse located on the resort’s sister property, El Dorado Royale.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Trendy Beach Area and Diving Destination
El Dorado Casitas Royale is located about 10 miles north of Playa del Carmen. Just across the sea from the island of Cozumel, Playa del Carmen has been called "the hippest city in all of the Yucatán Peninsula" by Lonely Planet. The laid-back beach bars and cafés have a way of converting vacationers into expats, but Playa's most compelling draw might be its cenotes—cavernous sinkholes filled with turquoise pools. The water in the cenotes is crystal clear, particularly at the lily-pad-dotted Xlacah cenote, where you can snorkel among schools of colorful fish.
To the south, you'll find preserved ruins of pre-Columbian cities. Tulum's crumbling temples are situated above a dramatic ocean bluff, and Coba's enormous pyramid rises between two lagoons. For a fun day trip, hop aboard the ferry to Cozumel, which docks 11 miles from the hotel at the pier east of Calle 1. There are about a dozen dive shops on Cozumel, and they offer trips offshore to the reefs that Jacques Cousteau declared some of the world's most beautiful.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.