Top Reasons to Visit Kitzhof Inn
- You can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities all year long; in the summer months, try hiking or mountain biking on Mount Snow.
- A free hotel shuttle bus will take you from the inn to the mountain or into nearby Dover and Wilmington.
- Some options include a mahjong package with daily meals and 10 hours of instruction that will sharpen the skills of players of all levels.
- Head to the Swiss-style dining room each morning for a breakfast that may include pancakes, eggs, and bacon.
- The spacious lounge area houses a game room, a fireplace, and a BYOB bar with ice and soda machines.
- Guest rooms showcase the lodge’s cedar-log, alpine construction with wood-panel walls; many have views of the gardens and a nearby brook.
West Dover, Vermont: Small Rural Town near Popular Ski Area
Tucked in the rural region of Vermont’s Mount Snow Valley, West Dover has a classic New England look complete with a prominent steeple and white clapboard houses. There’s not much to the town itself aside from a few landmark structures, however; the area owes its popularity to Mount Snow. As one of the closest ski areas to New York and Boston, the resort gets a steady stream of out-of-towners. It doesn’t hurt that the resort has a reputation for well-groomed trails and a lively après-ski scene. But it’s equipped to handle the crowds, boasting five mountain areas and the largest freestyle-terrain-park system in the East. Advanced skiers head for the bumpy slopes and open glades of the North Face; there are also plenty of wide, beginner-friendly runs on the front of the mountain.
There’s plenty to do during warmer seasons at Mount Snow as well; hikers and mountain bikers can take advantage of more than 20 miles of trails through the mountain terrain. The mountain also has an 18-hole golf course and chairlift rides offering views of southern Vermont and New York State.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.