Top 5 Reasons to Stay at La Residence
- The inn is located just minutes from a slew of Napa Valley wineries.
- Most rooms have a wood-burning fireplace and semiprivate patio or balcony with views of surrounding ponds, fountains, and tree-studded gardens.
- Groupon customers will receive a bottle of white wine upon arrival as well as a wine tasting for two at Hall St. Helena, California's first LEED Gold–certified winery.
- Each morning begins with a continental breakfast. In the evening, you can watch the sun set over the valley while enjoying a complimentary wine-and-cheese reception.
- Guests can request customized, in-room spa treatments, including a variety of massages and a back exfoliation that uses skincare products made with grape seed.
Napa, California: Sprawling Vineyards and Farm-to-Table Dining
Located about a one-hour drive north of San Francisco, Napa Valley—a region that runs from Napa in the south to Calistoga in the north—is California's capital of all things grape. The valley's rolling hills are dotted with more than 400 family-owned vineyards, where oak barrels age vintage nectars and visitors are invited to stop, taste, and sniff private-label wines. Vineyards range from St. Helena’s popular Quintessa estate, a 280-acre property specializing in cabernet sauvignon, to lesser-known wineries such as Heibel Ranch Vineyards, which you can tour on the back of a 1963 Jeep. Although some wineries welcome drop-by tastings, your best bet is to make appointments ahead of time.
The valley's culinary scene has also risen to prominence, with chefs such as Thomas Keller spearheading a haute cuisine movement. The charming main streets of Yountville and St. Helena are studded with gourmet restaurants praised for their sustainable practices and fresh,, farm-to-table cuisine. If you’re tired of sipping wine all day, grab a wheat beer or a pale ale at one of the dozens of local breweries.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.