Top Reasons to Visit Ramada Gateway Hotel
- The hotel is a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® Hotel, located 1 mile from the entrance to the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. It is also just 10 miles from SeaWorld and 15 miles from Wet ‘n Wild water park.
- A complimentary shuttle can take you to and from Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, SeaWorld, Universal Orlando Resort, and nearby outlet shopping at regularly scheduled intervals.
- It’s the largest Ramada in Florida, with 500 rooms, two outdoor pools, an arcade and video-game room, mini golf, and a half-court basketball court onsite.
- There are three restaurants onsite, too: the Smokehouse Grill, a barbecue restaurant with a breakfast buffet; the Deli and Andy’s Pizza, a 50s-style pizza-and-wings eatery; and Mulligan’s Sports Bar, a pub-style spot with happy-hour specials, mounted TVs, and karaoke.
- You’ll be staying in the newly renovated tower onsite, and your room will have a view of either the hotel grounds or Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.
Kissimmee, Florida: Easy Access to World-Famous Theme Parks and Major Orlando Attractions
Located on the banks of Lake Tohopekaliga, Kissimmee sits about 22 miles from downtown Orlando and just 16 miles from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. The world’s most-visited entertainment resort, it spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. Walk across the park to sample Moroccan cuisine for lunch, or ride a dune buggy through a haunted 18th-century mansion. Before heading back to the hotel, take in the nightly fireworks, laser, and water show. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando's vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as the CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which holds improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find several cultural institutions surrounding Orlando Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art, with a collection featuring pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater and the Orlando Science Center. Visit the Science Center to take a rover across a simulation of Mars’s red surface or race model cars down a 70-foot pinewood-derby track.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.