Top Reasons to Stay at Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast
- This elegant bed and breakfast is located less than 10 blocks from Marquette University and three miles from the Milwaukee Art Museum.
- The German Renaissance Revival mansion was built in 1891 and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Guest rooms are individually decorated with period furnishings and Victorian accents. A mural of clouds decorates the ceiling in the sunlit Prairie Sky Room. Laura Sue's Suite has an old-fashioned fireplace and a sunroom outfitted with white-wicker furniture.
- Each morning, innkeepers Laura Sue and Rick prepare a full breakfast. You’ll also find coffee, tea, and freshly baked cookies throughout the day.
- During your stay, feel free to borrow board games, DVDs, or books from the inn’s collection.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Art, Breweries, and Motorcycles along Lake Michigan
About 3 miles east of the bed and breakfast, the iconic Milwaukee Art Museum sits right on the lake and borders the Milwaukee River. More than 20,000 works line the walls here, ranging from antique pieces to contemporary art, including a large collection of Georgia O'Keeffe paintings. Just south down the street, a river walk snakes through the Historic Third Ward, where galleries, boutiques, and up-and-coming restaurants occupy century-old warehouses.
Milwaukee has been synonymous with beer brewing since the mid-19th century, when Miller, Pabst, and Schlitz dominated the landscape. Several microbreweries also call Milwaukee home: At Lakefront Brewery, you can sip four 6-ounce samples of freshly brewed beer while taking a lighthearted guided tour of the facility. Popular Lakefront beverages range from the amber, Vienna-style Riverwest Stein lager to New Grist, an award-winning gluten-free beer.
The Harley-Davidson Museum is positioned on a 20-acre campus comprising three buildings that chronicle the iconic motorcycle's evolution and its culture. More than 450 motorcycles and thousands of artifacts make up the displays, including a collection of engines and the oldest-known Harley in existence. Visitors can peek into the design lab, featuring several early prototypes and sketches. The experience gallery lets guests climb aboard real motorcycles and test out the season's most adorable skull bandannas.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
“beautiful environment, lovely rooms, great breakfast, fabulous service...great place to get away from it all...we also stayed for the Thursday afternoon tea which was...”
“beautiful environment, lovely rooms, great breakfast, fabulous service...great place to get away from it all...we also stayed for the Thursday afternoon tea which was yummy and lots of fun”
“breakfast was great, very comfortable rooms”
3209 West Wells Street
Milwaukee, WI 53208