The Cabins at Bear River Lodge - Summit County, UT
Two- or Three-Night Stay for Four or Eight with Optional ATV Rental. Combine Multiple Nights.
Modern Cabins and Winding Snowmobile Trails in Uinta Mountains
When Roger Eggett first purchased The Cabins at Bear River Lodge, he got little more than an old building set amid the wilderness in the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest about two hours east of Salt Lake City. Eggett quickly replaced the outdated lodge with modern cabins and a pair of hot tubs, but wisely left the surrounding forests untouched. He hoped this would encourage visitors to spend their vacations outdoors, creating lasting memories on the area’s hiking and cross-country-skiing paths and ATV trails, just as he and his family had done.
The cabins sit in an area of the forest set aside for exploration via ATV and snowmobile. From here, you can access hundreds of miles of trails that wind past woodlands inhabited by moose, elk, and other wildlife. By adding Option 5 or 6, you’ll have a full-day rental (8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.) of one of Bear River Lodge’s ATVs, so you can zip through the forest or rev engines to the tune of Beethoven’s Ninth. In the summer, Bear River Lodge’s two 20-person hot tubs and heated outdoor swimming pool open for the season. You can also rent fishing equipment and cast a line into a pair of ponds stocked with rainbow, cutthroat, and brown trout.
Each one-bedroom and two-bedroom cabin features a jetted tub and a spacious living room with leather couches and a flat-screen TV. Walkout patios look out over the rushing Bear River. Although each cabin is equipped with a full kitchen and outdoor gas grill, the breakfast and lunch menu at Bear's Grill can help relieve some cooking duties. The attached convenience store is stocked with groceries, beverages, and fishing supplies.
Summit County, Utah: Multiuse Trails in the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
The Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest is a recreational playground crisscrossed by hundreds of miles of ATV, snowmobile, and cross-country-skiing trails. If you want to venture out on foot, there are several nonmotorized trails, open only to hikers, horses, and determined kayakers. For an introduction to the forest, take the Mirror Lake Scenic Byway, a 65-mile, two-hour drive with several scenic vistas overlooking picturesque mountain lakes.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 6/7/13 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 6/20/13
- Limit multiple per person, may buy multiple as gifts
- Limit multiple per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- All cancellations subject to $25 fee; 10-day notice required or fee of 1/2 Groupon price applies
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Driver's license required for ATVs
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Gas ($5-$10) and helmets ($5/person) not included
- 9.1% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king poster bed and one sofa sleeper
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- One king poster bed and two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 6
- Maximum occupancy: 8
All Rooms Include:
- Walkout deck with a gas grill
- Full kitchen with dishes and utensils
- Big-screen TV with DVD player and Dish Network
- Gas-log fireplace
- Jetted tub
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the cabins
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: may be available during booking or check-in for an additional cost
- By plane: about 117 miles from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC)
- By car: about 110 miles northeast of Salt Lake City, UT
- The ATV-rental price does not include gas. Helmets are available for rent.
- Renters can purchase a damage agreement to cover certain costs in the event of an accident; ask the staff for details at the time of rental.
The Groupon Guide to: Needing a Lawyer
Lawyers can represent you in court so that you don't accidentally incriminate yourself or tell that embarrassing story about the time you fell off a ferris wheel. Here are some situations when it'd be prudent to call up a lawyer:
A bunch of the neighborhood kids fell into the sandpit on your property. No one was hurt, but their parents are angry about all the sand that got in their cars.
You found a bunch of buried treasure on the boundary line between your property and your neighbor's, but you also found a buried skeleton. You need to know if you'll be held responsible for that burdensome treasure if you take the cool skeleton.
You let your dog drive your car and something terrible happened—he was great at it and wants to start his own taxi service. A lawyer can protect your dog's dream of becoming the town's first taxi driver.