Old people probably like to stand near the speakers at concerts because the reverberating bass lines feel good on their bones. Catch the rhythm with this GrouponLive deal.
- $60 for two tickets to see Common, Marsha Ambrosius, and Robert Glasper Band (up to a $122.50 value)
- When: Saturday, November 9, at 8 p.m
- Where: Arena Theatre
- Seating: sections 1–15, rows S–U
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Common, Marsha Ambrosius, Robert Glasper Band
- Robert Glasper is: a contemporary jazz pianist noted for the timeless quality of his genre-bending music
- His last album was: the Grammy Award-winning Black Radio, released in February of 2012, and featuring Erykah Badu, Yasiin Bey, and Lupe Fiasco
- His latest album is: Black Radio 2, featuring...
- Common and Marsha Ambrosius?: Good guess. Also Jill Scott, Norah Jones, and Snoop Dogg, among others.
- Common is: the charismatic MC and actor from Chicago's South Side best known for his socially conscious rhymes and unabashedly romantic ballads
- His work with Robert Glasper: "I Stand Alone," an uplifting anthem about reaching a higher plane
- Marsha Ambrosius is: a British soul singer who made her debut as one half of spoken-word/music act Floetry
- Her work with Robert Glasper: "Trust"
- Why Robert Glasper says she wasn't on the first Black Radio: "Because the first time I said, 'I want to make a record with you,' you said, 'Let's do it,' and I thought you were being mean."
At Arena Theatre, nobody sits farther than 60 feet from the show. Most concertgoers who’ve squinted their ways through major concerts at other venues can attest that the in-the-round seating arrangement and revolving stage are causes for celebration. And the stars have noticed. Since the 1970s, the state-of-the-art venue has attracted a long list of legendary performers including Willie Nelson, Tom Jones, and Aretha Franklin. While their golden vocal chords ring through the stellar acoustics, fans sink into comfy seats, savor a flashy light system, and discard their unnecessary opera glasses.
90% of 263 customers recommend
“Great small, intimate venue!”
“There is no bad seating in the entire area. A++”
Arena Theatre Houston
7326 Southwest Fwy.
Houston, TX 77074