Scavenger Hunt Submission Requirements
To be eligible to participate in the scavenger hunt and claim your prizes, you must first have purchased the Groupon deal Delta Air Lines, Air France, KLM, and Alitalia International Jet Set Adventure prior to the expiration date on the deal. Scavenger Hunt not good with other deals, and only value for the purchase of the ticket, whose name shall match the Groupon Account opened to purchase the deal. Prize will be awarded to Groupon Deal purchaser and traveling companion, but only Groupon account holder must submit Scavenger Hunt Items.
Scavenger Hunt items ("Photos") must be collected beginning any time after May 8, 2012. They must be sent via mail no later than January 12, 2014, along with a 3 X 5 card identifying your name, address, and Groupon account, to the following address: Groupon, 600 West Chicago, Suite 620, Chicago, IL 60654, ATTN: Groupon Scavenger Hunt. All participants who complete the scavenger hunt, or complete portions of the scavenger hunt as outlined below, shall receive their prizes within 6–8 weeks. Prizes to be sent only to addresses in the continental U.S.
You must complete the following tasks while on your trip
- Take a photo of you with a guy who kind of looks like Tom Cruise
- Take a photo of a man wearing lipstick, who has kissed a napkin: your photo should include the man and the napkin
- Take a photo of a local resident in a town you are visiting, who is holding a poem written for you in a language you don't speak fluently. The poem should be visible in the photograph.
- Take a photo of a very cute or very ugly dog.
- Take a photo of a local musician removing the low E or B string from his guitar and giving it to you as a keepsake.
- Video footage of you singing a song in a local club. The video should be in Mpeg or .mov form and should be no longer than 5 minutes and no shorter than 2 minutes.
- Take a photo of you standing in a fountain in a town square. At least one foot must be in the fountain.
- Take a photo of you wearing a man's toupee (not your own), next to the man who owns it (he must not be wearing it).
- Take a video of you creating and participating in a flash mob. The video should be in mpeg or .mov form and should be no longer than 5 minutes and no shorter than 2 minutes.
- Take a photo imitating the Beatles' Abbey Road album cover, featuring you as Paul.
Prizes will be awarded for completion of all or some of the tasks in the following order:
- Completion of 5 of 10 items = $250 in Groupon bucks
- Completion of 7 of 10 items = $250 in Groupon bucks, one-year Delta Sky Club membership
- Completion of 10 of 10 items = $250 in Groupon bucks, one-year Delta Sky Club membership, Digital HD video camera, pair of mounted Wildebeest horns symbolizing your long and arduous journey
Prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted for any reason, except at discretion of Grouppn. Delta Sky Club membership must be activated within 30 days and cannot be converted to cash. Any part of the prize that cannot be accepted by participant shall be forfeited. Prizes will be delivered by first class mail or overnight carrier (such as Federal Express), at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to the address provided by the participant at the time of entry. Prizes will only be mailed to an address in the U.S. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Participants cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. Participant is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes on prize. All activities related to the prize are at the Participant's own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities.
Photo submissions may be used by Groupon for advertising purposes. Participant's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s name, photographs, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation.
This is not a sweepstakes or contest. Taxes, if any, are the responsibility of Participant, and Participant may be issued a form 1099 U.S. tax form. These terms and conditions shall be construed under the laws of the state of Illinois.