Oh, the Seuss-Themed Parties You’ll Throw!
They may not eat them on a boat. They may not eat them with a goat. But your guests will certainly eat anything you serve them on this cheerful spring table inspired by the colorful, bold world of Dr. Seuss.
A multi-hued table runner emulates the winding, rainbow-colored roads in Oh, the Places You’ll Go!, as do napkins with bold stripes. An abstract bird pitcher evokes the Dr.’s otherworldly characters, while an elephant-shaped creamer is a perfect stand-in for Horton—just make sure it doesn’t try to sit on the deviled eggs. Finally, a set of whimsical, polka-dotted bowls look even sweeter when filled with scoops of ice cream or slices of a cake topped with pompoms that sway as softly as the The Lorax’s beloved Truffula trees.
1. Anu runner; CB2 ($59.95)
2. Gallus pitcher; Anthropologie ($68)
3. Ellie creamer; Anthropologie ($16)
4. Polka-dot cereal bowl; Fishs Eddy ($12.95)
5. Toot Sweet striped large napkins; Meri Meri ($5.95 for 20)
6. Pompom cake topper; Chicago-based HerJoyfulStudio on Etsy ($11.75)
Amelia is a Senior Writer who owns about 600 houses' worth of housewares. She daydreams about throwing parties and amassing more housewares.