Shellac Polish: An Indestructible Allure
The strong, stunning Shellac polish used at numerous Cincinnati nail salons can stand up to afternoons spent tailgating for the Bengals, unpredictable Midwest winters, and everything else the Queen City throws at it.
CND's Shellac polish—a veritable suit of armor for nails—can last 14 days without a chip or smudge. The formula is a hybrid of regular and gel nail polish, combining the thick, durable layers of gel with ordinary lacquer’s easy, brush-on application. Between each of Shellac’s four coats, a special, low-watt UV lamp cures the polish, drying it in seconds.
Available in more than 80 shades ranging from Cream Puff to Overtly Onyx, Shellac polish is no longer new technology, but only trained technicians in a certified salon are eligible to apply it. Below are a few salons and spas in Cincinnati offering Shellac nail services.
- Featured stylist: Kendra Wright
- Fun fact: Wright relies on her more than 15 years of experience to beautify nails with Shellac manicures and natural-nailcare treatments.
- Address: 3848 Paxton Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45209
- Featured stylist: Jasna Dzafer
- Fun fact: Dzafer’s meticulous nature exhibits itself in the intricate designs she applies, including polka dots, animal prints, and even patterns with cursive script.
- Address: 3612 Marburg Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45208
- Featured stylist: Katy
- Fun fact: At 8,000 square feet, SOTO, Salon On The Ohio is one of the largest hair salons in Cincinnati and offers nail services designed for kids and men.
- Address: 900 Adams Crossing, Cincinnati, OH 45202
The Guide: we cover the coolest food, beauty, and entertainment trends happening nationwide.