From Our Editors
The Brazen Head: A User’s Guide
- Appetizer: dungeness crab cakes
- Soup: french onion with aged gruyère and mozzarella
- Entree: new york strip pepper steak with veal demi-glace
The Vibe: The Brazen Head looks like it exists in a different time and place—say, Manchester in the 1960s. Old news clippings and portraits line the walls, and dark woods stretch back as far as the eye can see, which isn’t that far thanks to the dim lighting and heavy drapes that block out excess sunlight.
- Leave the credit cards at home. The restaurant only accepts cash and debit cards.
- It’s pretty easy to accidentally pass up this unassuming eatery, especially since there’s no sign out front. Just look for the green awning.
If You Can’t Make It, Try This: Swing by The Brazen Head’s sister restaurant, Liverpool Lil’s (2942 Lyon Street), for classic British pub grub such as shepherd’s pie and fish and chips.