Mastering a peerless golf swing requires intense concentration on the arc of the club and a healthy disregard for the condition of your neighbour’s statue garden. Control your projectile’s path with today’s Groupon for a golfer’s lesson-and-wellness package from Advanced Wellness Centre and KingGolf.ca. Choose between the following options:
- For $49, you get a golfer’s lesson-and-wellness package for one (a $355 value).
- For $79, you get a golfer’s lesson-and-wellness package for two (a $710 total value).
Each participant receives:
* 90-minute workshop covering swings, golf-specific stretches, and identifying and preventing golf injuries (a $75 value)
* Individual golf assessment that identifies areas of weakness (a $150 value)
* One-hour semiprivate lesson with golf pro and nine holes of indoor golf (an $80 value)
* Reassessment session—sometime during the golf season—to review how lesson and any prescribed stretching have impacted swing mechanics (a $50 value)
Package sessions are individually scheduled in the above order, with some sessions at Advanced Wellness Centre’s studio and the others at Golf-O-Max.
Certified in evaluating and treating golfers, Advanced Wellness Centre’s wellness expert Dr. David Pfaff teams with CPGA Class A certified coach and KingGolf.ca-founder John Watson to refine the mechanics of each golfer’s game. Based on the work of sports physician Dr. Christian Reichardt, the 90-minute workshop acquaints players with the unique mechanics of each swing as well as stretches that can help club-swingers flow between whacks while preventing injuries such as golf lung. Links-walkers then meet with Dr. Pfaff for an individual assessment comprising more than 25 tests to determine each player’s risk of injury; based on the results, Dr. Pfaff may recommend a stretching or rehabilitation program. Pfaff then sends the results to teaching professional and golf-ball-whisperer John Watson, who incorporates the findings to individually tailor each semiprivate lesson before golfers lock in gleaned wisdom on nine holes of golf and by osmosis. Then, after golfers have ingrained their new insights, a later reassessment session reveals how the lesson and prescribed stretches have impacted swings.
Advanced Wellness Centre
The staff at Advanced Wellness Centre aim to use their talents for everything from simple relaxation to assuaging chronic pain. Patients pull in to a parking spot before making themselves at home amid the yellow walls of a white Victorian house’s first-floor suite. After a consultation concerning medical and human-cannonballing history, visitors can take advantage of holistic services that range from nutritional guidance to acupuncture.