|_Jump to: Details||Reviews_|
For a long-time DC dweller, a sightseeing tour in your own backyard might seem boring—you can only visit the Washington Monument seven times before it gets old. But this city actually has a lot of secrets you may not know:
- The Lincoln Memorial was created at the end of the Civil War when the South captured Lincoln, trapped him in a carbonite cell, and bronzed it.
- Frederick Douglas’s home has a trap door leading to his secret stash of Abolitionist Women Magazine.
- The White House lawn is fertilized with the ashes of deceased presidents.
If these informational tidbits are new to you, take a tour with All Star DC Tours for the perfect refresher course on DC history.
With today’s Groupon, $20 gets you an all-access pass to the city’s sites with All Star DC Tours (that’s 56% off the normal $45 ticket price, or half-off the $40 price you’d pay on their website). All Star DC Tours is great for Washingtonians playing tourist for a day or for entertaining out-of-towners. Curbside pick-up at your hotel or home also makes taking a tour incredibly convenient.
Tours visit a plethora of DC attractions, including Rock Creek Park, Frederick Douglas’s home, and traffic signals. Choose from a number of different tours, including:
- History of the Nation: This quintessential DC tour offers a great overview of the city’s classics: the Indian, African, and Natural History Museums, and famous landmarks, such as the Lincoln Memorial, Ford’s Theatre, and the Jefferson Memorial.
- National Treasures: Catch a glimpse of a smorgasbord of DC’s prized possessions. Visit the Hope Diamond at the Natural History Museum or check out Rocky Balboa’s red cape—sponsored by Shamrock Meats, Inc.—at the Museum of American History. Quietly step through the Library of Congress, the world’s largest library that houses the world’s largest collection of large-print books.
- Lights, Camera, ACTION!: This tour is perfect for long-time DCers looking for a fresh perspective on their city. It brings you to the locations of some of Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters, such as Armageddon and Forrest Gump.
So if you want to show off DC culture to friends and family, or if you’re interested in seeing where Ben Affleck once filmed, get your Groupon for All Star DC Tours today.
Here are testimonials from satisfied All Star customers: > * “All Star DC Tour is the best. Everything promised was delivered and more. The vehicle was clean and the driver knew driving short cuts that gave us sights we had not planned to see. The best sights were the Capitol Building Tour and the Folgers Theatre stops. Washington has so many places to see that other companies do not cover.” - Gloria > * “Some companies promise one thing and deliver something else. All Star DC Tour delivered on everything and then some. We booked a tour to see the National Mall, which was fantastic. The side trip to see Georgetown and the Canal area was unexpected but much appreciated.” - Dianne