What You'll Get
Seeing live music can be a transcendent mind-body experience, akin to getting a tattoo underwater or making out during an eclipse. Today's Groupon helps you transcend boredom with tickets to see the American Idol Live! Tour at the BOK Center on Sunday, August 8. Choose from the following seating options:
- $20 Level 3 seat (a $40.50 value)
- $25 Level 2 seat (a $50.50 value)
- $35 Level 1 seat (a $70.50 value)
American Idol, the popular Emmy Award–winning TV show, is staging its national summer tour with a lineup of season nine’s top 10 worship-worthy song machines: Aaron Kelly, Andrew Garcia, Casey James, Crystal Bowersox, Didi Benami, Katie Stevens, Michael Lynche, Siobhan Magnus, Tim Urban, and Lee DeWyze, the Illinois native who scrambled to the top of the musical ladder and clinched the coveted title. All the excitement of the finale—Dane Cook taking the stage, Paula Abdul’s monologue, Simon Cowell spraying the crowd with Super Soakers filled with motor oil—has simmered into a broth of hearty showmanship that makes the Live! experience shine. As the energetic crew of song-mongerers unleashes upbeat vocals and fine melodies, their high spirits and passion for song fill the stage and spill onto the floor, imbuing old heels with new squeals.
Doors open at the BOK Center at 7:30 p.m., and the show officially begins at 8:30 p.m. when Ellen DeGeneres is fired across the spacious auditorium from a cannon. Groupons must be redeemed with a valid ID at the will call window at the Arby’s Box Office on the day of the show.
- The best singers on the first half were No. 7 Tim Urban, who did the Goo Goo Dolls and Coldplay proud, and No. 5 Aaron Kelly, who did Marc Cohn's Walking in Memphis gospel-style, along with Rascal Flatts and Keith Urban. – Gary Budzak, Columbus Dispatch
- This place is kind of a few steps away from a [sic] architecture masterpiece. Its really nice inside, which isn't something I can say for every place I've seen a band perform. – Celia M., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 8, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Purchaser and those who want to sit together must be present to redeem at will call on day of show. Must present valid ID. Seats are first-come, first-served. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.