|_Jump to: Details||Reviews_|
Most guided sightseeing tours pose severe health risks—muscle atrophy, loss of bone density, and blinding rage, to name a few—due to the lack of physical activity. You’ve probably suffered one or all of those symptoms while on these tours:
- Segway Tour: Whir around the city without using your feet. See the sights as if you were living in 2067.
- Atlanta Saddled-Lion Tour: Anyone standing in your way risks life and limb. Stops include dumpsters and places with high densities of fearful humans.
- Hotlanta Piggyback Tour: Evoke jealousy from all passers-by as you experience the city on the shoulders of muscle-man guides.
Fortunately, Bicycle Tours of Atlanta circumvents the side effects associated with these motionless tours. See Atlanta on bike with today’s fantastic deal.
Get off your feet and hop on a two-wheeler with Bicycle Tours of Atlanta—there’s no better way to explore the city. Cruise along on a quality comfort bike on one of two guided tours: Heart of the City or Downtown Midtown. The city will be your classroom as your tour guide leads you through Atlanta’s classic neighborhoods to delve into the city’s rich history and unique architecture. Your experienced leader will season your ride with historic factoids with a dash of quirky tidbits and a sprinkle of hilarious anecdotes.
With this Groupon package, you get a high-quality comfort bike, helmet, and water–everything you need for your Hotlanta adventure. Here’s what you’re in for with the three-hour tours:
- Heart of the City Tour: This high-energy tour is, designed for an active person looking for a combo of fun and exercise. You’ll begin in Inman Park and ride Atlanta’s hilly roadways through neighborhoods like Grant Park, Underground Atlanta, the Fairlie-Poplar Historic District, the King Center and Little Five Points, stopping numerous times to learn about the sites and to test the brakes. The tour will cover 10–11 miles to highlight the beauty and diversity of this great city while conditioning you for longer guided bike tours like the Tour de France and the Boston Marathon. Tours depart Monday through Saturday at 10 a.m. and Thursday and Friday at 5:30 p.m.
- Downtown to Midtown Tour: This comprehensive tour is a super tour, designed for a fit cyclist looking for a challenge. You’ll learn just how much of Atlanta you can see on a bike in three hours. Make stops all over the city, from the south side to Downtown to buzzing Midtown. Cruise by sights like the Fox Theater, Terrace Hotel, Margaret Mitchell’s Home, and Atlanta’s Botanical Garden. Scheduled tours depart Saturday and Sunday at 5:30 p.m. and Sunday morning at 10 a.m.
Whether you’re visiting Atlanta or you’re a lifelong resident looking for a new way to appreciate city, take this opportunity to soak in Atlanta’s rich history and urban landscape, all while enjoying the strangely comfortable friction of a bike seat.
Bicycle Tours of Atlanta is new—so new it isn’t yet rated on Citysearch, Yelp, or any of the other user websites we usually peruse. But the cyclists have been featured on WhereTraveler.com as a great way to see the city. Here’s what Where! says: > * See the city’s intown neighborhoods, historical sites, and beautiful architecture from the back of a bike. Three-hour tours cover anywhere from 5 to 15 miles, depending on your interests and activity level.
Old Fourth Ward
659 Auburn Ave Ne
Atlanta, Georgia 30312Get Directions