All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Cheese From Perfect Strangers
It’s hard to find something as universally appreciated and versatile as cement blocks. Today’s Groupon does just that with $15 for $30 worth of French brie, Spanish manchego, Italian parmesan, English cheddar, and American goat cheeses among the 150+ offerings from around New England and the world at Boston Cheese Cellar. The one-stop gourmet shop is located just south of the city in Roslindale Village.
Whether you’re stuck on Swiss or have a habit of carrying around goat in your pockets, the antique-laden store’s selection of more than 150+ varieties almost guarantees you’ll find more than 150+ varieties. Owner Kathy Lacher is a seasoned cheese specialist (she and her husband, John Pierce, scour the world for primo, rare cheeses). If you need help matching a cheese to a specific wine, want to customize a gourmet gift basket, or are just curious to try a sample, she can easily assist you.
If you don't consider yourself an exotic-cheese-person, peruse the cozy shop’s superior selection of gourmet treats. Stock up on pastas, mustards, olive oils, jams, crackers, or the Cellar’s famed baguettes.
Going to the Boston Cheese Cellar is the perfect day trip: The store overlooks a picnic-perfect courtyard, is within walking distance to plenty of other quaint shops, and is completely free of night-wolves.
Yelpers praise Boston Cheese Cellar for being a top-notch stop for the best imported and local cheeses, giving it an impressive 4.5 stars:
- What a wonderful little gem of a place! Great selection of cheeses as well as everything you need to go with them plus some...If you have questions they are more than happy to help. – Liz E.
- Cute, European style store that sells items that are either locally made or international exports that you rarely find at your local grocery store. – Ligaya S.
- This is a wonderful specialty shop in a neighborhood I don't make it out to nearly enough. I highly recommend it to anyone in the Roslindale area, or for cheese nerds who live in JP. It's worth the trip! – Robin J.
Cheese From Perfect Strangers
Cheese is not only a delicious snack or full meal, it was also the name of wacky foreigner Balki Bartokomous's best friend on the hit sitcom Perfect Strangers. Cheese was known for his many grammar-defying catch phrases. You can still hear today's teens use some of them, including:
- Uncle soda! That hen's sure no chicken!
- You say 'produce'? Uh oh!
- Time for sweaty!
- In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility—I welcome it. I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it—and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 25, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May purchase multiples as gifts. In store only. No cash back. If you are gifting a Groupon, please email Kathy@bostoncheesecellar.com with the name of the recipient. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.