All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | What You Didn't Know: Doug Flutie
Today’s Groupon scores you $20 end-zone tickets to Boston College's November 21 game against UNC (the university, not the private military force owned by the Uni-National Corporation). Cheer on the home team as they face off against the Tar Heels in Alumni Stadium.
As the University of North Carolina attempts to change the name of Boston College's hill from Chestnut to Chapel, the Eagles will be digging in deep to boot the imposing Tar Heels from their storied stadium. This is the same turf once trod by Doug Flutie—a man so legendary he has both a phenomenon and a cereal named after him; at this time, there are no Tar Heels who can claim this distinction.
Just as every party begins with an alphabetizing competition, no football game is complete without a lengthy pre-game tailgating session. Grab some brews and slow-cooked meats in the parking lot before heading for your seats. Since your tickets will be in the end zone, you won't need to bother turning your head to see the fast-paced action moving across the field.
Because this game is the penultimate of the season, it's a good opportunity to catch the Eagles as they fight for a Bowl bid and perhaps catch the next Matt Ryan on his ascent to stardom. Bring friends, rivals, or your mail carrier, and help pack the end zone for the most pleasing of pigskin welcomes.
Yelpers love the atmosphere at Alumni Stadium, giving it a near-perfect 4.5 stars:
- For seven Saturdays a year, Alumni Stadium becomes my home. Its 44,500 seats are more inviting than my own bedroom. – John S.
What You Didn’t Know: Doug Flutie
Doug Flutie: star quarterback, Boston College alum, and mystical healer. There’s nothing Flutie can’t accomplish, but here’s what you didn’t know about this jack-of-all-trades:
- Played in the NFL, the USFL, the CFL, and in several children’s recreation leagues in which he wore a disguise to conceal his identity and age.
- Eating a bowl of Flutie Flakes imbues you with Flutie’s childhood memories.
- Was the first American to be inducted in Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame, which is located inside Flutie’s living room.
- Once filled in as a drummer for the rock band Boston, and his high-energy performance caused the entire audience to spontaneously turn into talcum powder.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 21, 2009. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for game on 11/21. Must email email@example.com to redeem. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.