Bartending is quickly becoming America's favorite profession, as reported by Sports Illustrated. For $150, today's Groupon gets you schooled in the extraordinary art of martini slinging and perfect pouring with 12 hours of mixology courses at Bucks County School of Bartending, a $325 value.
Your education is an extensive 12-hour training that will quench your curiosity on alcohol history, proper terminology, cocktail construction, shaking and straining techniques, and the proper pour. You’ll also have the option to complete the entire Pennsylvania Department of Education–licensed bartending program to earn certification upon completion (with additional tuition). Go to three four-hour classes on weekdays during the day or evenings, or attend two weekend classes (Saturday at 9 a.m.–5 p.m. and Sunday at 9 a.m.–1 p.m.).
As if helping people erase the wounds of a bad day or broken heart wasn’t payment enough, bartenders can rake in an impressive amount of tips and soufflé recipes on any given night. If you were recently laid off from your job, becoming a mixologist can pay the bills while leaving your afternoons free for interviews. Or, if you’re not a morning person, not allergic to florescent lighting, or not seeking a career where you can wear riding boots, this is your chance to break free from the restraints of your cubicle.
Even if you don’t pursue bartending professionally, your libation education still has value. Woo your crush with a potent Tom Collins or David Schwimmer, friendly up your family at the annual holiday party, or save money by making your own delicious drinks in your attic.
- I would definitely recommend this school to everyone! It was affordable, they were flexible about my paying arrangements , and they asked me to start bartending at their bar right after bartending school. – jcl71108, Citysearch
- The education was top notch professional and so much fun. After graduation we all went down to their bar and had real practice making drinks for my friends and family. It was the first time I ever saw my mom drunk! – littlewunda7, Citysearch
ConversationMaster Small Talk Academy
Pouring drinks is only half of a bartender's job. Learn the rest at Philadelphia's ConversationMaster Small Talk Academy. You'll learn the small talk every bartender needs, including:
- "Sounds like politics as usual to me."
- "Do you know how the Orcs first came into being? They were elves once, taken by the dark powers, tortured and mutilated. A ruined and terrible form of life. Now... perfected."
- "This evil cannot be concealed by the power of the Elves. We do not have the strength to withstand both Mordor and Isengard. Gandalf, the Ring cannot stay here. This evil belongs to all of Middle-Earth. They must decide now how to end it. The time of the Elves is over, my people are leaving these shores. Who will you look to when we've gone? The Dwarves? They toil away in caverns, seeking riches. They care nothing for the troubles of others."
- "Ash nazg durbatulúk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk
agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
1350 Street Rd
Bensalem, Pennsylvania 19020Get Directions