Experience vertical challenges in our ClimbParks or book a Beginner Lesson to get started
About This Deal
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your voucher to complete redemption.
- Indoor climbing
Indoor Rock Climbing FAQs
- Is it safe? Yes. Rock climbing gyms typically require a safety course on proper belaying techniques, knots, and other fundamentals for top-rope courses and have designated “beginner” courses for first timers.
- What should I wear? Loose-fitting clothing that you can easily move around in. You’ll be able to grab climbing shoes, harness, and other necessary gear onsite.
- Do I have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have courses that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if you can climb a ladder you can indoor rock climb.
- What if I’m afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn’t require harnesses or other top-rope gear. Bouldering focuses more on moving sideways than vertically, so climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
- What is a ClimbPark? Our ClimbParks, are a fun zone with 21 vertical challenge elements where participants push their limits on our Jump Tower, Maze wall, Balance Pillars, Freefall Slide, Speed walls, Spider Web, Floating Cubes, Disappearing Holds and more. Staff supervise at all times.
About Calgary Climbing Centre
With 4 locations across the city, the Calgary Climbing Centre is a great place to be active and meet new friends. They offer a wide range of climbing walls for everyone. Our Climbparks – thrilling vertical challenge zones – are great for the new visitors. Or climb high with a beginner lesson and start your career as a professional rock climber.