Much like a kindergartner's crayons, spices and sauces are a chef's most expressive tools, which means they must be wielded carefully and tasted sparingly. Trim dull flavors from homegrown meals with today’s Groupon: for $29, you get a delivered gift basket of gourmet sauces from Charleston Original Sauces (a $58.50 value). Each basket includes:
- 6-ounce jar of blackening spice (a $6.49 value)
- 6-ounce jar of seasoning (a $6.49 value)
- 12-ounce bottle of tartar sauce (a $5.99 value)
- 12-ounce bottle of cocktail sauce (a $5.99 value)
- Gourmet hot sauce (a $4.99 value)
- Two custom beverage koozies (a $5.48 value)
- Reusable jute handbag (a $14.07 value)
- Delivery and handling fees (a $9 value)
Charleston Original Sauces stockpiles scores of saucy accessories tailor-made for seafood but fashionable on all styles of meats and poultry. Local residents John and Mary Rhea morph peppers and spices into various states of matter, then bottle them for all-natural cooking experiments. Massage meat with blackened seasoning, which prompts rib roasts to roll over and beg grill chiefs to rub their bellies. Viscous vats of cocktail sauce engulf shrimp bulbs with horseradish and tomato compliments, and tangy tartar sauce accents delicate fish skins with the dapperness of an elbow-patched sport coat. The gourmet gift set crams its flavor soiree into a recyclable handbag that is optimal for toting lipsticks and hot dogs to upcoming barbecues, along with two beverage koozies, courtesy of Charleston Original Sauces.
230 Spring St.
Charleston, South Carolina 29403