All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Unlike Similac Baby Formula, which is reserved for babies and experimenting teens, wine can be consumed by adults. Separate the towerers from the toddlers with today’s Groupon: for $45, you get five award-winning bottles of wine from DCWineGuy.com (a $90 value). Today’s deal is good for the following five wines, and is only redeemable in person at Cairo Wine & Liquor, located in Dupont Circle.
- Talbott Sleepy Hallow Chardonnay 2008 (a $46 value): received 91 points from Robert Parker
- Colombelle White 2009 (an $11 value): named “Top 100 Value of the Year” by Wine and Spirits magazine
- Faraway Farms Cabernet Sauvignon 2009 (a $12 value)
- Castano Montastrell 2009 (an $11 value): received 88 points from Wine Advocate
- Venta Morales Tempranillo 2009 (valued at $10): received 87 points from Wine Advocate
The online venture of family-owned Cairo Wine & Liquor, DCWineGuy.com offers oenophiles a highly sippable selection of wines complemented by an impressive knowledge of flavor notes and history.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 15, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Not valid until 11/15/10. Must be 21 or older with valid ID. Must order online 24 hours in advance. Pick-up only. Tax not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
DCWineGuy.com boasts a staggeringly extensive selection of alcohol. Obscure beers from Thailand and Lithuania find a home beside six-packs of Miller High Life, and an impressive collection of wines spans six continents. If you’re overwhelmed by the sheer number of beers, wines, and vintage spirits, there’s no need to worry. The staff consults their magic 8-ball sommelier to arrive at a comprehensive list of recommendations. Once you have made your selection, pick up your order at the store.