What You'll Get
|_Jump to: Reviews||When Life Hands You X, Make X-ade_|
Today’s Groupon gently exfoliates lemons into healthy, smooth lemonade skin and melts stressful, overwhelming problems into hot chocolate, because today’s Groupon gets you a special, Groupon-only 30-minute lemon-chiffon or chocolate-truffle body scrub treatment at De Novo European Beauty Spa (valued at $65).
Exfoliating with a body scrub keeps skin healthy and beautiful, and a treatment with a salon technician works longer than a home scrub and gets into areas you can’t easily reach. Food-flavored scrubs are a favorite because they come from familiar ingredients, smell great, and cause hungry people to look at you differently. If you’ve ever felt self-conscious about having pinecone-flavored skin, this is the perfect way to get a superior flavor.
Here are descriptions of the treatments from De Novo’s website:
- Chocolate Truffle: There are many ways to indulge your chocolate cravings. This luxurious body treatment includes a full-body exfoliation with a chocolate sugar scrub, followed by a full-body chocolate massage. Enjoy the rich chocolate scent and be amazed at how great your skin feels. All your senses will enjoy this delicious treat.
- Lemon Chiffon: Good enough to eat, but every drop of this unique chiffon-like scrub will gently be massaged over your body until smooth. The citrus aroma will tingle a warm spot in your heart as your skin is buffed polished and pampered.
De Novo, located in the Theater District, is a down-to-earth spa that New York magazine calls “homey and friendly.” Treatment rooms are simply relaxing spaces with neutral colors, floral arrangements, and candles. The technicians are friendly, personable, and dedicated to pampering neglected skin, waking tired skin, silkening cotton skin, and making skin look really good.
New York magazine reviewed De Novo: > * If your best friend decided to open a day spa in her floor-through apartment, it would probably feel a lot like the elegant De Novo: homey and friendly. – Catherine LeFebvre, New York
Citysearchers give De Novo four stars, and Yelpers give it 3.5: > * Loved it! They are very service-oriented and their location is awesome. –jmuller77, Citysearch > * If you looking for a great spa in NYC, you should deffenetly [sic] go to De Nova and see for yourself. – carrie143, Citysearch > * The staff is very helpfull [sic], decor is very nice and cozy and the service is great. You really get personal attention and 100% from the staff. – michelle237, Citysearch
When Life Hands You X, Make X-ade
“When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.” A wise saying, but not as helpful as it could be, as life often hands you things other than lemons. Here’s the complete list of what life may hand you, and what to do in response:
- When life hands you an outrageous dry-cleaning bill, make a fuss on an online review site.
- When life hands you a gift horse, don’t look it in the mouth.
- When life returns a DVD it borrowed from you in poor condition, remember that life is going through some tough times.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 16, 2010. Amount paid never expires. 1 per customer. May buy multiple as gifts. Appointment required. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.