What You'll Get
Climbers scale mountains for the feeling of accomplishment and the heap of flags waiting at the summit. Reach new personal heights with this Groupon.
Choose from Seven Options
- $124 for an overnight rock-climbing and camping trip for one on Saturday, April 14, and Sunday, April 15 (a $300 value)
- $124 for the above trip on Saturday, April 28, and Sunday, April 29 (a $300 value)
- $124 for the above trip on Saturday, May 12, and Sunday, May 13 (a $300 value)
- $124 for the above trip on Saturday, May 26, and Sunday, May 27 (a $300 value)
- $124 for the above trip on Saturday, June 9, and Sunday, June 10 (a $300 value)
- $124 for the above trip on Saturday, June 23, and Sunday, June 24 (a $300 value)
- $124 for the above trip on Saturday, July 21, and Sunday, July 22 (a $300 value)<p>
Veteran climber Randy Daniels leads groups of up to 10 people into the Muir Valley to master the basics of belay and fundamentals of top-rope climbing. Over the course of the trip, climbers begin on basic 5.5 routes and escalate to 5.9 routes as their skill level increases with tips from Randy on proper means of inter-climber communication.<p>
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Valid only for date purchased. Limit 1 per visit. 3-day cancellation notice required. Must be 18 or older or accompanied by a parent or guardian. No children under 5. Must sign waiver. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Derby City Climbing
Randy Daniels and his team of guides, all of whom have backgrounds in nursing or emergency medicine, have been climbing and leading expeditions outdoors for more than a decade. His affability and focus on proper communication is evidenced by his ability to turn novice climbers fearless and the fact that a high-school friend met his wife on one of Randy's overnight trips. On each excursion, Randy shows beginners the basics of belaying and rappelling, useful when climbing or attempting to kiss Juliets. A Boy Scout climbing instructor, Randy can dole out certified badges to those who earn them, and Derby City Climbing provides all the ropes, harnesses, and quickdraws required for the routes.