What You'll Get
If your commute from work is consumed with anxiety over what dinner you can make with the dry lentils, a block of cream cheese, and a sack of potatoes left over from your last trip down to the Panic Pantry, today's Groupon is for you. Don't bother swerving into the drive-through or taking the family out to an expensive restaurant. For $45, today's Groupon gets you $100 worth of easy-to-assemble, healthy meals from Dream Dinners. This Groupon is good for the meal sampler deal, which includes 18 servings (six three-serving meals) and covers the $25 prep fee. That gets you around six dinners for two or three people, or three dinners for a family of four to six. You don't even have to tell the family you didn't devise these brilliant creations on the spot. With easy-to-follow heating instructions and pre-assembled ingredients, preparation is a breeze. A dearth of complementary ingredients will never stymie your dinner again.
The Dream Dinners experience lets you choose from a rotating menu of up to 14 dishes per month. The ingredients are already sliced, diced, and packaged for you—all you have to do is take the uncooked meals home to your freezer and prepare them nightly for no-thought-required, delicious meals that'll keep you healthy, full, and free to think about times tables and monkey rentals on your daily commute. The succulent menu items will fool even the most fastidious foodies into thinking you slaved over the stove to prepare such deliciously complex dishes as pesto cheese ravioli with chicken, grilled pork chops with sweet-potato fries, and arroz con pollo (just a few of the choices off the December sampler menu). Dazzle your dining-room table with fancy restaurant fare, or serve up casual comfort foods full of flavor such as old-fashioned meatloaf with twice-baked potatoes and Santa Fe shredded pork burritos.
Eating out wastes money and piles on unnecessary fat, calories, and an unsettling number of paper cups with clowns on them, but with Dream Dinners’ services, eating healthy actually saves you money. Check out Dream Dinners' website to view the menus and sessions available at the convenient 96th Street location. Pickup days are Thursday and Saturday.
- ...you can clip as many coupons as you want, but you can never make a dinner as cheaply as these kitchens can. – Joel Stein, Time
- Too busy to cook? Now you don't have to fall back on expensive restaurant food. – Amy Gunderson, Good Housekeeping
- Eating homemade is the best way to lose weight, and now it's easier than ever... – Weight Watchers
There are no reviews for the Indianapolis location, but Citysearchers give the Pinecrest location four stars:
- I save so much time not to mention money and the food is absolutely fantastic. My family gets so excited when we choose the new menu each month and it has allowed us to sit down at the table together several times a week. – ctotsmia
- On your busy nights you don't need to run out and get fast food or even wonder what's for dinner...The meals are healthy and very inexpensive. – naninemasterson
Rejected Developmental Dishes
In order to stay on the cutting edge of gourmet trends, Dream Dinners considers any and all new, exciting culinary possibilities. Many experiments, however, don’t make the cut. Here are some entrees recently rejected from its laboratory kitchen:
- Orange-soda chicken
- Uncle David’s divorce-chili-for-one
- Gym-bag-poached halibut
- Baked potato chock-full-o’-rubies
- Bagel cats
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 25, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person,may buy multiple as gifts. Indianapolis location only. Sampler menu only. Pickup days are Thurs. & Sat., must schedule 24 hours prior. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.