What You'll Get
While rocks serve many purposes—eco-friendly paperweight, climbing wall, letter opener—you probably never thought they could help alleviate your chronic back pain. In fact, memories of the rocky bedding on your last camping trip suggest that stones may have contributed to the problem in the first place. Change your perspective on pebbles with today’s Groupon, which gets you a hot-stone massage at Elements Therapeutic Massage for $55—that's half off the $110 value.
You’ve already learned that warm things feel great from the hot towels given to you in first-class on planes and in sushi restaurants. This hot-stone massage uses polished basalt stones, a definite upgrade from the lukewarm terrycloth or unpolished basalt stones; 15 to 20 of the smooth-as-a-horse’s-eye rocks will be heated to 125 degrees (the precise temperature for ample relaxation and toxin removal) and placed neatly along your back. When combined with an extensive 80-minute Swedish or deep-tissue massage, you’ll nod off into kink-free, de-stressed bliss.
Element’s certified massage therapists are schooled in the art of smoothing out your twisted spine. They’ll take the time to talk to you about your particular pains and complicated euchre strategy before kneading you until you’re totally knot-free. Massages make great gifts for your family, friends, or anyone you know with problematic posture. This Groupon is good at the Aurora on Iliff, Littleton on Belleview, and Piney Creek locations.
- I am in love with Elements! I have been searching endlessly for a suitable massage therapist for the past year since moving into the city. Not only have I found a great massage therapist, but I have found two so far at Elements! – Moonstone47, Citysearch
- I think this is a great place! I get excellent massages and the staff is really friendly! I would definitley [sic] recommend it :) – Jt3210,Citysearch
Rock: The Most Useful Object Ever
While 125 degrees is the ideal rock temperature for relaxing massage-therapy techniques, rocks can be heated to other precise temperatures for use in wide variety of practical applications:
- 126 degrees: Crushing old thermometers
- 127 degrees: Playing kickball with children
- 128 degrees: Throwing off a cruise ship
- 129 degrees: Using as both a fork and a knife
- 130 degrees: Disciplining a pet or family member
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 17, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Appt required. May buy multiple as gifts. No cash value. Not valid with other promos. Tip not included. Minimum 24-hr notice to reschedule, or Groupon is forfeited. Hot stones optional. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.