Creating a masterwork of art can be like wandering through a maze: after a lengthy period of reflection and contemplation, you’ll still probably starve. Appreciate the figurative risks and transcendent joys of artistic creativity with today’s Groupon: for $25, you get an annual family membership to the Fitchburg Art Museum (a $50 value). Membership applies to all immediate family and members of the same household. Membership benefits include:
- Membership card redeemable for free admission
- Invites to exhibition openings and gallery tours
- Reciprocal admission to 11 New England art museums
- Advanced notice and discounts for classes and trips
- 10% off inside the Museum Gift Shop
- Annual-meeting voting privileges
The Fitchburg Art Museum, one of North Worcester County's oldest cultural institutions, edifies eyes with a dozen prismatic galleries boasting a broad collection of European and American paintings, drawings, ceramics, and decorative art pieces. Cultural connoisseurs soak up a showcase of Greek, Roman, Asian, and pre-Columbian antiquities as well as artwork created by emerging and contemporary artists. The Jude Peterson Photography Collection, for instance, consists of 96 photographs including ethereal landscapes shot in stunning black-and-white that were collected by Jude Peterson, a New England art collector and museum supporter. The Fitchburg Art Museum also claims to provide a great introduction to museum culture for young kids who have grown tired of ball pits but still yearn for eye-catching entertainment.
TelegramTowns.com recently featured the Jude Peterson Photography Collection at the Fitchburg Art Museum:
- Photography buffs as well as first-time viewers will be pleased, awed and entertained by the Jude Peterson Photography Collection exhibit – Lynne Klaft
25 Merriam Pkwy.
Fitchburg, Massachusetts 01420Get Directions