Mastering a peerless golf swing requires intense concentration on the arc of the club and a healthy disregard for the condition of your neighbor's statue garden. Control your projectile's path with today's Groupon to Fox Fire Resort. Choose between the following options:
- For $35, you get a golf package for one (up to a $70 total value) that includes:
- 18-hole round of golf including cart rental (up to a $60 value)
- A lunch voucher for $10 worth of fare at The Tap Room
- For $125, you get a golf package for four (up to a $280 total value) that includes:
- 18-hole round of golf for four including cart rentals (up to a $240 value)
- A lunch voucher for $40 worth of fare at The Tap Room
Club-toting competitors choose between two distinct, championship-length courses in Fox Fire's East and West grassy monoliths, both sporting lush fairways lined with vibrant North Carolina pines. Bisect fairways with dimpled orbs and sonnet-inscribed scorecards on the slightly longer East course, where drives matriculate down rolling hills and duffers negotiate their way through dramatic doglegs, deep bunkers, and constant elevation changes on their way to relatively small greens. The slightly easier of the two, the West course carves verdant corridors to fairly flat terrain, placing a high premium on accuracy with strategically-placed fairway bunkers and testing club-flailing fortitude with a handful of forced carries. The course compensates for its relative shortness with dazzling, bent grass greens with dramatic breaks more difficult to read than a toddler's transcription of the Dead Sea Scrolls.
After the round, players can exhaust both the value of their vouchers and patience for each other's divot repair stories over an order of crispy chicken tenders ($6.95), a 6-ounce Country burger ($6.25), or other items from The Tap Room's menu of savory grill fare.