What You Get
- Stay for two in a standard two-double room or pool-view king room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a standard two-double room
- Dates into March 2017
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $11 daily resort fee paid at check-in.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Maingate Lakeside Resort
If the kids haven’t spent all their energy scurrying around Orlando’s theme parks, then you can count on Maingate Lakeside Resort to keep them busy once you’ve gotten back to the hotel. From its spot overlooking picturesque Black Lake, this sprawling campus features such kid-friendly amenities as an 18-hole mini-golf course, an arcade, and two playgrounds.
- Distance from Walt Disney World® Theme Parks: less than 2 miles
- Take the complimentary shuttle to area theme parks to avoid parking hassles.
- Take a dip in three onsite swimming pools; there are also two kids’ pools.
- Three onsite restaurants and a bar include a buffet breakfast spot, a pool bar, a general store, and a Pizza Hut Express, which can deliver fresh pizzas straight to the pool.
- Bring your pooch: The hotel is pet-friendly—two dogs up to 75 pounds each can be added for an additional $25 plus tax per pet per night. There’s a dog park onsite, too.
Kissimmee, Florida: Easy Access to World-Famous Theme Parks and Major Orlando Attractions
Located on the banks of Lake Tohopekaliga, Kissimmee sits about 22 miles from downtown Orlando and just 16 miles from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. The world’s most-visited entertainment resort spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day at Magic Kingdom® Park by boarding Space Mountain® Attraction, a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. After that, ride past the ghastly goofballs inside The Haunted Mansion. For dinner, head over to Epcot® to sample cuisine from Morocco, Mexico, France, Italy, and several other countries at the World Showcase. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as the CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which holds improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find several cultural institutions surrounding Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art; the collection features pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater and the Orlando Science Center, where you can take a rover across a simulation of Mars or race model cars down a 70-foot pinewood-derby track.
Standard Two-Double Room
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
Pool-View King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- $10 resort fee includes: in-room safe, scheduled theme park transportation, kids breakfast program (one kid eats free per paying adult), WiFi, basketball, mini-golf, and parking
- Parking: included in resort fee
- Rollaways: available for an additional $10 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: two dogs up to 75 lb. each may be added for an additional $25 plus tax per pet per night. $100 refundable pet security deposit due at check-in.
- Accessibility: please contact the property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the hotel or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Three restaurants
- Three swimming pools and two kids’ pools
- Arcade and 18-hole mini-golf course
- Two playgrounds
- Two half-court basketball courts
- Fitness center
- Free WiFi
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $11 daily resort fee paid at check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Maingate Lakeside Resort
- Nearest airport: Orlando International Airport (MCO; 24 mi)
- Distance from Orlando: 22 miles