A Modern City, Then the Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef
With sunny weather essentially year-round, Sydney is a city best experienced outside: you can sail across Sydney Harbour, explore the Royal Botanic Gardens, or take a surfing lesson on the famed waves of Bondi Beach. If you like to shop, look no further than Paddington Markets, an open-air bazaar where more than 150 vendors sell art, clothing, and crafts every Saturday. Explore this stylish stop before heading to Cairns, a Queensland getaway on the Coral Sea. It’s the only place in the world with two side-by-side UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Wet Tropics (the oldest surviving tropical rainforest) and the Great Barrier Reef. The city offers many cultural attractions as well: The Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park, for example, celebrates the living history of Australia’s indigenous people, offering tours and dance performances. This vacation from Down Under Answers includes:
View Down Under Answers’s other offers:
- Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane
- Sydney and Melbourne
- Melbourne, Gold Coast, and Sydney
- Melbourne, Cairns, and Sydney
- Hamilton Island and Sydney
Flights & Transportation
- Round-trip airfare on Virgin Australia from Los Angeles (LAX)
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Down Under Answers at (800) 889-1464.
- Flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (8 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- Four nights at Cambridge Hotel Sydney, Travelodge Sydney, or similar
- Four nights at Bay Village Resort Cairns or similar
- Shop for opals in Sydney; they make for luxuriously appropriate souvenirs, since Australia is one of the world’s largest producers of the gem.
- Cuddle a koala and feed a kangaroo by hand at the Australia Zoo, a massive wildlife conservation facility started by the late Steve Irwin.
- Mangrove Boardwalk in Cairns: Creaky wooden bridges snake their way through a very dense—and very balmy—mangrove forest overflowing with wildlife.
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway in Cairns: This gondola ride takes you high above the rainforest’s treetops, where you can enjoy bird’s-eye views of Cairns and Trinity Bay.
How to Book
1. Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to your account to view your voucher for Down Under Answers contact and redemption instructions. Book by 8/2/17.
Each person must buy a voucher; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional $499 fee to travel solo.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? This deal is only available from Los Angeles (LAX).
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? This deal is based on set airfares that cannot be altered.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? Click the “See Options” button to view the available departure dates.
4. What happens if I buy the voucher and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded. We suggest calling Down Under Answers to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a voucher, and can they stay in my room? All travelers age 2 and over are required to purchase a voucher. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Down Under Answers at the time of reservation.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Down Under Answers for details.
7. Is the price shown for one or two people? Prices shown are per person, based on two people sharing a room.