This deal cannot be combined with any other promotional codes.
Check out our other air-inclusive Getaways deals from Gate 1:
- Spain Vacation with Airfare from $1199
- Paris and London Vacation with Airfare from $1499
- South Africa Vacation with Airfare from $1899
- Tour of the Baltics & Poland with Airfare from $1999
Athens Vacation with Airfare
Get to know the ancient Greek city of Athens on this 7-day vacation from Gate 1 Travel. There’s no set itinerary, but we’ve included a few suggestions below. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 5 nights of accommodations at Parthenon Hotel or Athenian Callirhoe Hotel in Athens
- Daily breakfast in Athens
- Hotels are subject to availability at the time of booking.
What to See and Do in Athens
There’s more to Athens than its ruins—thanks to its vibrant nightlife, tropical weather, and modern museums, Athens has remained a world-class travel destination well into modern times. Still, the ruins are the city’s greatest draw. See how ancient Greeks lived and worshiped at the Acropolis’s monuments and temples, among them the Parthenon and the Temple of Athena Nike.
- Stroll through the Acropolis to marvel at Doric and Ionic temples that tower above the city. The most famous, the Parthenon, was built in the fifth century BC for the goddess Athena. It sits at the very top of the walled city center.
- Ride a funicular to the top of Mount Lycabettus for the best views of the city.
- Eat like a local: Condé Nast Traveler calls horiatiki “the one dish you can’t leave Athens without trying.” This traditional Greek salad incorporates a mix of olives, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, and feta.
- Take an optional tour, such as a half-day Athens sightseeing tour ($69/person), a full-day Delphi tour with lunch ($95/person), an Argolis Tour with lunch ($95/person), or a visit to Cape Sounion ($39/person). You can save 10% or more by booking in advance.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Airfare is available from the New York City metro area. The departure airport (JFK, EWR or LGA) will be advised at the time of booked based on availability. The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you may extend your stay.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Everyone (including children) who wishes to travel will need to purchase a Groupon voucher. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Gate 1 Travel at the time of reservation.