|_Jump to: Reviews||Summer Reads_|
If you’re looking for a great brew, good grub, and a fun crowd to watch the game or listen to live music, Gaslamp Tavern is a prime pick. It’s a friendly and relaxed combo of pub and sports bar, with 12 HD plasma TVs featuring all the big games and 64 tiny televisions featuring all the little games. If you prefer the outside, enjoy the weather in the outdoor seating area, where you can feel the fresh breeze while people-watching people who are watching you.
The tavern offers a full menu of American classics: skin-on fries, big quesadillas, and hearty eight-ounce burgers of choice Angus beef (or grilled chicken breast if you’re looking for more chickeny fare). If you prefer circular food, try the veggie pizza with the works or a scrumptious meat-topped edible disc.
Go to Gaslamp Tavern just about any time of day—it’s open from 11:30 a.m.–2 a.m., seven days a week. The drinks begin rolling early when happy hour starts at 3 p.m. The tavern also serves a deliciously satisfying weekend brunch until 2 p.m. Try the breakfast burrito packed with applewood-smoked bacon, pico de gallo, cheddar and jack cheese, and potatoes, served with salsa and sour cream. And don’t miss the homemade Chi-town-style Bloody Mary, served by an actual Chicagoan who bicycles cross-country with your drink in hand.
- Nice sports pub with a relaxed, upscale atmosphere…Nice menu, fair prices, friendly staff and really good food. – Michael C., Yelp
- Good local spot to watch a baseball game, there are tons of TVs…nice big pints of beer. – Chrissy K., Yelp
- Every time we come here we have a great time! Friendly staff, good prices and a great crowd. – Laura B., Yelp
There’s nothing more relaxing than grabbing a pint and sitting out in the shade with a good book. Here are this summer’s most popular reads:
- Mystery Beach
- Mysterious Beach
- Murder on Secrecy Beach
- Mystery on the Beach: A Beachfront Mystery
- A Murder Mystery Most Mysterious: A Jack Beach Mystery
868 5th Ave
San Diego, California 92101Get Directions