- $14 for one G-Pass for seating in rows L–U of the center front orchestra (up to $34.10 value)
- $18 for one G-Pass for seating in rows A–K of the center front orchestra (up to $39.95 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Verb Ballets – Tribute to Heinz Poll
- The Company: Verb Ballets, which spreads the word of contemporary ballet by performing classic works and works by up-and-coming choreographers
- The Honoree: Heinz Poll, the founder of the Ohio Ballet. Using only his determination and an enchanted pair of ballet slippers, he transformed a small group of University of Akron students into a company that toured internationally and received accolades for its dexterity and range of styles.
- Some of Those Styles: classical (Scenes From Childhood); a blend of ballroom dancing and ballet (Eight by Benny Goodman); and experimental solo pieces (Tristeza)
- The Program: full performances of some of his most celebrated works, including Elegiac Song, Songs Without Words, and Bolero
E.J. Thomas Hall
Since 1973, The University of Akron's E.J. Thomas Hall has been the center of Akron's performing arts scene. The three-level facility, which occupies three acres of The University of Akron campus, boasts a massive, 44-ton movable ceiling that can shift to enclose the first or second levels. The position of the ceiling has a dramatic effect on the hall's volume and acoustics, so it is controlled by a computer precisely managing 27 counterweights. The hall's ability to transform from an intimate one-level performance space to a vast three-level concert hall allows it to host performances of a variety of sizes and styles by university students and faculty as well as the Akron Symphony Orchestra, the Tuesday Musical Association, the Children’s Concert Society, and the Akron Youth Symphony.