Seeing a tribute band can be like going back in time, but without the obligation to capture history's greatest criminals. Make memories, not enemies with this GrouponLive deal.
- $16.75 for one ticket to Classic Albums Live presents Paul McCartney Band on the Run (up to $33.50 value)
- When: Thursday, June 19, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Youkey Theatre at The Lakeland Center
- Section: Orchestra
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Classic Albums Live Presents Paul McCartney Band on the Run
- The concept: musicians re-creating a classic-rock album note for note
- The album: Paul McCartney and Wings's 1973 blockbuster Band on the Run
- The legacy: it's Wings's third and most successful album; it's one of McCartney's most celebrated post-Beatles records; and as McCartney's final album for the Apple label, it helped to free him artistically
- The review: it won a Grammy; was the top-selling album of 1974 in the UK and Australia; and is ranked No. 418 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- The first song of the concert that's actually a three-part medley: "Band on the Run"
- People most likely to enjoy the concert: die-hard McCartney fans, die-easy pop fans, most people with ears
- Bonus features: since the Band on the Run record is only 41 minutes long, Classic Albums Live follows it with a hefty encore of other McCartney hits
The Lakeland Center
It's almost easier to count who hasn't played at the Lakeland Center than who has. Since the all-purpose venue opened in 1974, its many halls have seen such stars as Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, Jerry Seinfeld, Prince, Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan, and Kathy Gifford. Besides the top-tier lineup of music and comedy acts, The Lakeland Center also hosts theatrical productions, conventions and festivals, and seasonal ice skating for all ages.