What You'll Get
- $68 for two main floor tickets (up to $137.80 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
Concerto for Violin, Rock Band and String Orchestra
- How You Know Mike Mills: From his decades as founding member, bass player, multi-instrumentalist, and master harmonist of R.E.M., in which he composed favorites such as “Nightswimming” and “(Don’t Go Back To) Rockville”
- How You Know Robert McDuffie: The Grammy-nominated, internationally renowned violinist’s massive credits include playing with the world’s most famous orchestras (including the New York, Los Angeles, and London Philharmonics), performing and recording the world premiere of Philip Glass’ The American Four Seasons, and founding the Rome Chamber Music Festival
- What to Expect: In this unique collaboration, Mills and McDuffie bridge the gaps between classical and rock and roll in a performance of an original concerto composed by Mills, featuring Chicago’s acclaimed Fifth House Ensemble chamber orchestra
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 6, 2016. Limit 8/person. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Children under five years not admitted. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Detroit Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts
Built in 1928, Detroit Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts dazzles patrons with an ornate art-deco façade and lush Spanish Renaissance interior. Elegant columns, glittering chandeliers, and vibrant geometric patterns create a palatial atmosphere in the lobby. The auditorium's intimately arranged velvet seats leave every viewer within 70 feet of the stage, eliminating the need for binoculars or drawn-out games of telephone describing the onstage action.