Bestselling author of Me Talk Pretty One Day reads excerpts of biting satire and hilarious social commentary
What You'll Get
- Seating: balcony or orchestra
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Within an hour of purchase, your G-Pass will be in your account. You may redeem your G-Pass via the mobile app when you enter the venue. You may also print it out in advance. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Where you’ve heard his work: Ira Glass discovered David Sedaris doing public readings of his diaries, which detailed his time working in Santa’s Village at Macy’s in New York. Since then, David has been a frequent fixture on Ira’s podcast This American Life.
- Where you’ve read his work: A bestselling author, David has a number of books of personal essays, including Naked and Me Talk Pretty One Day. Recently his works have ventured into more fictional lands, like 2010’s Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary, in which he penned a series of Aesopian fables for contemporary readers.
- What to expect: David regales audiences with true-life tales from an eclectic life. Whether his topic is his childhood in Raleigh, his remarkably odd odd jobs, or his attempts to learn French on the fly in a tiny village, he brings a signature blend of wit and warmth, shrouded in a thin veneer of cattiness.
The Fine Print
About Sony Centre For The Performing Arts
The largest soft-seat theatre in Canada, the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts is perhaps most famous for its overhanging marquee outside. The diagonal canopy and its snake-like rows of lights were restored to their original form in 2010, along with the facility’s wood, brass, and marble accents. Inside the lobby, York Wilson’s mural, The Seven Lively Arts, fills eyes with fractured, panoramic representations of various artistic media, from slanted musical staffs to menacing Greek theatre masks.