Children create LIVE adaptations of their favorite Fairy Tales for a theatrical performance that premieres on QPAC LIVE! streaming broadcast
What You'll Get
- During the workshop, the participants create choreography for a dance performance to retell a fairy tale. Fragments of the sessions will be recorded and used to create a theatrical performance, which will be streamed on QPAC Live! and broadcast on Facebook and YouTube.
- What’s included: one class per week
- Method of communication: Zoom
- Restrictions: must have computer video/sound access. Must have a video recording device (phone is fine) and the ability to upload. Must complete a registration form. The workshop must have a minimum number of registered participants in order to run.
- About the instructors: distinguished arts professionals
- Class schedule: the classes take place on Mondays, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.
Fairy Tales In Motion
Most children love fairy tales and Fairy Tales In Motion gives them an opportunity to take part in their favorite stories. Using choreography and dance, the participants can create an adaptation of their favorite story with guidance from professionals to create an online theatrical performance. The workshop’s goal is to help children develop their creativity and gain new skills.
The Fine Print
About Queensborough Performing Arts Center
Lights, camera, action—it's all about the show at Queensborough Performing Arts Center. The center hosts various singers, bands, comics, and celebrities, who showcase their talents up close. Apart from that, patrons can participate in popular dining, dancing, and show experiences, as well as a selection of dance and singing classes, to learn all about the art of Broadway.