- $28 for an exclusive VIP thoroughbred-racing package ($80.50 total value)
- When: Saturday, April 25, at 5 p.m.
- Where: Hawthorne Race Course
- Seating: Reserved seats in the Revel Stoke party box
The package includes the following:
- Admission ($2 value)
- Program with the day’s lineup of races ($3.50 value)
- $10 worth of barbecue food
- $10 in wagers (for new Club members only)
- VIP seat at the Finish Line Revel Stoke Party Area, which includes indoor and outdoor seating ($15 value)
- A private handicapper, who will be available to help read the racing program and dole out tips on the horses ($20 value)
- A private mutuel clerk, who will be available to take wagers and bets ($20 value)
Hawthorne Race Course
On May 20, 1891, an estimated 6,000 people attended the first-ever Opening Day at Hawthorne Race Course in Stickney, Illinois. The event featured the Chicago Derby—a quarter-mile race won by a horse named Brookwood. Since that day, the family-owned facility—celebrating over 120 years in business—has thrilled Chicago-area racing fans season after season with live competition and full-card simulcasting. The track hosts standardbred harness racing in January and the summer months, while thoroughbred racing dominates the rest of the year. But it hasn't always been easy. In 1905, for instance, racing was banned in Chicago for more than 15 years after several of the facility's horses became mired in a political scandal. And Hawthorne Race Course itself has had to overcome its fair share of adversity, including two fires, but continues to enthrall thousands of fans each year.