Hockey teams are often named after intimidating natural phenomena, such as the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Colorado Avalanche, and the Tuscaloosa Puberty. Experience the fury with today’s GrouponLive deal: for $110, you get an outing for one to a Chicago Blackhawks hockey game at the United Center (up to a $275 total value, including taxes). The outing includes:
- One 300-level seat at one of the home games listed below (up to a $125 value, including all taxes and fees).
- Admission to a pregame party at The Beer Bistro (a $125 value). The pregame party includes:
- An open bar
- Dinner buffet
- Performance by a live band
- Transportation from the party to the game on a luxury shuttle bus (a $25 value).<p>
Choose from the following games:
- Against the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday, November 6, at 6 p.m.
- Against the Calgary Flames on Friday, November 11, at 7:30 p.m.
- Against the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday, November 13, at 6 p.m.
- Against the Phoenix Coyotes on Tuesday, November 29, at 7:30 p.m.<p>
The Chicago Blackhawks excite fans and frustrate opponents with their precise shooting, nimble skating, and clever dekes. Today’s deal ushers fans to 300-level seats, where they can catch stray pucks and hopelessly lost penguins. The Blackhawks have bolstered their defense with rookie goalie Mac Carruth, and last season, center Jonathan Toews led the squad with eight game-winning goals and set a personal record with 32 goals and 44 assists over 80 regular-season games. Right wing Ben Smith logged a team-leading 16.7 shooting percentage, building upon his already considerable reputation as the fastest igloo builder in the NHL.
Thanks to the party-planning prowess of National Event Partners, Groupon holders score admission to a pregame Blackhawks celebration at The Beer Bistro. Starting 90 minutes before the game, guests can imbibe premium liquors and select craft brews at an open bar and graze on a buffet that typically includes items such as sliders, salads, fish tacos, and prime rib carved in the shape of a sieve. A band will get fans in the mood to cheer with a rousing live set, and high-end shuttles will whisk them to the United Center before the puck drops. After an all-you-can-cheer-at display of slapshots and fisticuffs, the same shuttles will whisk fans back to the bar.