- $20 for one ticket to DigiTour (up to $38.02 value)
- When: Thursday, February 26, at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Pabst Theater
- General admission
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- What it is: a traveling who’s who of YouTube, Vine, Instagram, and Twitter stars
- A handful of those stars: pop singer Sam Pottorff, Vine celebrity Crawford Collins, YouTube prankster Twaimz, and Twitter sensation— and musician—Danny Edge
- What’s in store for festival goers: musical performances, elaborate dancing, Q&As, and throngs of screaming audience members
- What’s more: the stars have been known to greet fans after the show and even pull them up onstage to sing or recite the Pledge of Allegiance in 140 characters or less
The Riverside Theater
As vaudeville heaved its last breaths in the late 1920s, RKO’s Riverside Theater opened in 1928 and served as a performance hall for just a few years before Warner Brothers took it over to screen their films. Decades of neglect followed, reaching a nadir in 1966 when a carelessly tossed cigarette butt incinerated the proscenium’s drapery, prompting the cash-conscious owners to replace the opulent teal velour with workmanlike duvetyn. A slated demolition in 1982 nearly replaced the theater with a shopping mall before a coalition of citizens convinced philanthropist Joseph Zilber to save the space. In the subsequent renovations, craftsmen installed plush red drapery, overhauled the obsolete lighting, and repainted the faded French Baroque gilding of the auditorium, restoring the elegant space to its former glory and inspiring it to get back out on the theater dating scene.