- $10 for one G-Pass for seating in rear orchestra (up to $22.90 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
- Saturday, March 5 at 2 p.m. or 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 6 at 2 p.m.
Pinocchio and Four Decades of Dance: A Tribute to Nan Klinger
- Pinocchio: In this ballet, a woodcarver makes a puppet who longs to be a real boy. A certain blue fairy says she’ll make it happen if he can prove himself to be brave and unselfish (and if he can keep his nose under control).
- Nan Klinger: Ballet Excel Ohio’s founding artistic director—and mom of current artistic director Mia Klinger—who established the ensemble 40 years ago
- The whole show includes not just Pinocchio, but a look back at the organization’s favorite pieces, courtesy of choreographer Erich Yetter
E.J. Thomas Hall
Since 1973, The University of Akron's E.J. Thomas Hall has been the center of Akron's performing arts scene. The three-level facility, which occupies three acres of The University of Akron campus, boasts a massive, 44-ton movable ceiling that can shift to enclose the first or second levels. The position of the ceiling has a dramatic effect on the hall's volume and acoustics, so it is controlled by a computer precisely managing 27 counterweights. The hall's ability to transform from an intimate one-level performance space to a vast three-level concert hall allows it to host performances of a variety of sizes and styles by university students and faculty as well as the Akron Symphony Orchestra, the Tuesday Musical Association, the Children’s Concert Society, and the Akron Youth Symphony.