What You'll Get
Being able to throw a fastball underhand is a necessary skill if you want to pitch in a softball game or effectively sabotage the egg toss at a family reunion. Catch arm power in action with this deal.
- $70 for a family softball-game package including four t-shirts (an $80 value) and four tickets to see the National Pro Fastpitch Championship (a $60 value; a $140 total value)
- Where: The Ballpark at Rosemont
- Seating: Reserved seating in the best available section
- Gate time: two hours before scheduled game time
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Choose One of the Following Games
- Thursday, August 22, at 7 p.m. (three-seed vs. four-seed)
- Friday, August 23, at 5:30 p.m. (winner of Thursday’s game vs. two-seed)
- Saturday, August 24, at 4 p.m. (game two of the championship series; broadcast on ESPN2)<p>
National Pro Fastpitch Championship
Beginning on August 22, the National Pro Fastpitch league convenes at The Ballpark at Rosemont—home to the Chicago Bandits—for its annual championship playoff. As the regular season winds down, the hometown Bandits find themselves neck-and-neck with the USSSA Pride for the league’s top seed, which guarantees a spot in the best-of-three championship series on August 23–24. Fans who attend Saturday’s game—to be broadcast on ESPN2—will witness the crowning of a new league champion should the series not progress to three games. Each attendant receives a tournament t-shirt, creating solidarity among the stadium’s 2,000 fans and making a firm statement against people that believe softballs should be released back into the wild.
National Pro Fastpitch
Conceived by former collegiate softball player Jane Cowles and her former coach John Horan, National Pro Fastpitch began in January 1991. In the league’s early days, teams would tour cities in the Midwest and beyond, drawing thousands of fans to the stands and dispelling myths that softballs are just camouflaged cantaloupe. By 2004 the league kicked into high gear, formalizing a championship game and drawing Olympic talent with the addition of expansion teams.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of game for a ticket at venue Box Office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at The Ballpark at Rosemont. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Rosemont Theatre's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Gates open two hours before scheduled game time. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.