Collegiate steel drum ensemble delivers a set of upbeat and summery Caribbean tunes
What You'll Get
- General-admission standing
- Must purchase G-Passes in the same transaction to sit together.
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Within an hour of purchase, your G-Pass will be in your account. You may redeem your G-Pass via the mobile app when you enter the venue. You may also print it out in advance. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
University of Akron Steel Drum Band
- Its members: more than 20 percussion majors playing on steel pans crafted by master tuner and composer Cliff Alexis
- The vibes: The music of Trinidad and Tobago, played to perfection on steel drums, summons feelings of endless summers in the sand.
- Points of pride: Founded by Dr. Larry Snider in 1980—when it was one of only three college steel drum bands in the country—the troupe was the first US ensemble to travel to Trinidad to learn techniques from local musical masters. The band has also performed for President Bill Clinton, and it scored a Grammy nomination for the CD Live at E.J. Thomas Hall.
The Fine Print
Refundable only within 24 hours of purchase. Limit 1000/person, subject to ticket availability. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem for a ticket at venue box office. Must purchase vouchers in the same transaction to sit together. Ticketmaster is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.