- $30 for one ticket for balcony seating (up to $58.08 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
Three Dog Night
- Three Dog nutshell: In 1967, crooners Danny Hutton, Cory Wells, and Chuck Negron consolidated their voices into a trifecta of shimmering harmonies known as Three Dog Night, which tallied up 21 Top 40 hits (and three number-ones) between 1969 and 1975. The group continues to reign over classic-rock radio to this day.
- Three Dog name: Legend has it that the moniker comes from the indigenous people of Australian, who would snuggle with one dingo when it was chilly and three dingos when it was freezing.
- What “Three Dog Night” could also describe: an average dinner conversation with Randy Jackson
- Fun facts about Danny Hutton: He once auditioned to be one of the Monkees, managed the infamous late ’70s punk band Fear, and is the father of Haim drummer Dash Hutton.
- Three Dog hits: As excellent judges of material, Three Dog Night turned tunes by Randy Newman (“Mama Told Me Not to Come”), Laura Nyro (“Eli’s Coming”) and Paul Williams (“An Old Fashioned Love Song”) into jukebox gold, along with other standout singles such as…
- …“One”: The loneliest number (with zero being the surliest), and a hit that helped bring songwriter Harry Nilsson to a wider audience. Also getting the Three Dog Night treatment…
- …“Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog”: No, that isn’t really the title, but it is the perplexing kickoff line to their hit version of “Joy to the World,” which was penned by Hoyt Axton, a.k.a. the dad from Gremlins.
The Pabst Theater
Captain Frederick Pabst contributed to Milwaukee’s status as a cultural landmark of the upper Midwest by building Pabst Theater, formally known as Das Neue Deutsche Stadt-Theater, in 1895. According to legend, when he was informed that his theater had burned to the ground, the brewing magnate interrupted his European vacation to wire home the order to “Rebuild at once!”—and 11 months later, the stage was completed anew. Where the old theater honored German artists by having their names inscribed along the cornice of the auditorium, the new building featured an international consortium of cultural notables. The theater’s globe-spanning influences were made even more apparent with the installation of an Austrian crystal chandelier and an Italian marble staircase.
The Riverside Theater
As vaudeville heaved its last breaths in the late 1920s, RKO’s Riverside Theater opened in 1928 and served as a performance hall for just a few years before Warner Brothers took it over to screen their films. Decades of neglect followed, reaching a nadir in 1966 when a carelessly tossed cigarette butt incinerated the proscenium’s drapery, prompting the cash-conscious owners to replace the opulent teal velour with workmanlike duvetyn. A slated demolition in 1982 nearly replaced the theater with a shopping mall before a coalition of citizens convinced philanthropist Joseph Zilber to save the space. In the subsequent renovations, craftsmen installed plush red drapery, overhauled the obsolete lighting, and repainted the faded French Baroque gilding of the auditorium, restoring the elegant space to its former glory and inspiring it to get back out on the theater dating scene.