Being the lead singer of a famous band requires nerves of steel, a surplus of swagger, and the patience to endure Cleveland’s rambling, uncomfortably personal answer to “How you doin’ tonight, Cleveland?” Catch master showmen in their element with this GrouponLive deal.
- $30 for one ticket to see Adam Ant (up to a $48.25 value)
- When: Tuesday, August 20, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Phoenix Concert Theatre
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- Birth name: Stuart Leslie Goddard
- The name “Adam Ant” came from: the biblical first man and the tough insect
- Adam Ant is known for: being a Grammy-nominated new-wave icon; performing as the lead singer of Adam and the Ants and as a solo artist; his wild taste in face paint, rings, pirate jackets, and hair ribbons
- What Esquire said about him: “The last truly magnificent pop star that Britain ever produced”
- Latest recording: the upbeat, irreverent quasi-concept album Adam Ant is the BlueBlack Hussar in Marrying the Gunner’s Daughter
- Who is the BlueBlack Hussar?: the persona associated with Adam Ant’s 1980 album Kings of the Wild Frontier
- “Marrying the gunner’s daughter”: old-timey naval slang for being flogged while tied to a ship’s cannon, with no mention of eating wedding cake
- What to expect during the concert: classics including “Goody Two Shoes”, “Prince Charming”, and “Stand and Deliver”, along with deep cuts and tracks from the new album<p>