Before radio, music was broadcast via Morse code, which turned everything into treble-heavy dance music punctuated by demands to STOP. Limber up for more graceful dance moves with today’s Groupon to Vancouver Elite Gymnastics Academy. Choose between the following options:
- For $30, you get a four-week class package (up to a $96 total value) that includes:
- Four weeks of dance, preschool gymnastics, fencing, or cheer classes with one class per week (up to a $61 value)
Enrollment fee (a $35 value)
- For $399, you get a preschool gymnastics or dance package (a $946 total value) that includes:
- One year of preschool gymnastics or dance classes with one class per week (a $576 value)
- A leotard and warm-up shorts (a $50 value)
- Six months of passes to weekly open-gym sessions (a $285 value)
- Enrollment fee (a $35 value)
Today’s deal is good for new and current students. Current students may use their Groupon to enroll in a new class session.
The skilled instructors at V.E.G.A., including gymnastics Olympic bronze-medalist Zdravko Stoianov, teach wee bodies to bend with gymnastics, twirl in dance classes, parry while fencing, and tumble in cheer classes at the 17,000-square-foot facility. Preschool gymnastics classes develop fundamental skills as boys and girls develop strength and flexibility while exchanging friendship bracelets with vaults, bars, beams, and the floor tumble track in 45-minute Pluto, Neptune, or Saturn sessions. Dancers 1.5 years old through high-school age hone pointe technique, tap across the floor, and flow through evocative modern movements. Those age 5 and older who want to master parrying learn competitive sport fencing style and how to grip the hilts of their swords while playing games. Cheerleaders age 5–18 develop coordination for stunts, boost flexibility, and practice chants.
An entire year fills with exercise and entertainment in 45-minute chunks as preschoolers don their brand-new leotard and warm-up shorts and head to dance or gymnastics classes. Pluto sessions let parents help their children 18 months old–3 years old and their imaginary friends tackle athletic obstacles, and Neptune practices let 3- and 4-year-olds get to know gymnastics equipment under a coach’s careful gaze. Those age 4–5 work on headstands, handstands, and forward rolls in Saturn sessions. Preschoolers can also choose to twirl in Mommy & Me or pre-ballet and tap classes until they can spin faster than the earth while it’s playing on a tire swing.
6707 NE 117th Ave.
Vancouver, Washington 98662