In the beginning, man loved mountains, but after centuries of silent dismissal, man now climbs mountains to conquer its feelings of neglect. Recover from colossal rejection with today's Groupon to Hangar 18. Choose from three rock-climbing options:
- For $30, you get two 60-minute rock climbing lessons, two full days of climbing after your lessons, and rental equipment (a $60 value).
- For $55, you get two one-month memberships (up to a $120 value).
- For $299, you get a one-year membership (up to a $720 value).
Hangar 18 provides amateur and experienced wall-crawlers the opportunity to train and develop surface-scaling skills in one of three climbing gyms. Walls shaped into carbon copies of carbon crags are covered with state-of-the-art textured products to mimic the indentions, protrusions, overhangs, and underbites of real rocks. In the rock climbing lessons, Hangar 18's expert scalers outfit students with rental gear then drill altitude-defying recruits with hour-long instruction in effective grip techniques before setting limbs free in the facility. Meanwhile, month- and year-long memberships include access to all three locations and cover unlimited climbing, gear rental, yoga classes, and one free guest pass a month to conduct suspended interviews. Miserly mountaineers can use the first two Groupon options for two days or two months on their own or bring along a reverse-plummeting partner.
Whether you seek out-of-season indoor practice or wish to accustom your body to upward travel without the aid of jetpacks, Hangar 18's Upland, Riverside, and South Bay locations altogether feature more than 35,000-square-feet of textured climbing terrain, world-class bouldering, and massive caves with routes up to 70-feet long. Each facility features its own distinct tracts and obstacles such as Riverside's freestanding bouldering wall, Upland's lofty ceiling climb, or Hawthorne's life-like animatronic goats.
- Wow!! What a state-of-the-art climbing gym! I have been to quite a few climbing gyms and none so far compares to Hangar 18 in Riverside...I can't say enough good things about the staff... If you are a newbie, you will definitely be in good hands. – Debbie Y., Yelp
- Hanger 18 has the tallest indoor routes of any Socal indoor gym I know... The bouldering area is really good. The staff redo it frequently. I am very impressed with Hanger 18. – Janic L., Insider Pages
With more than 55,000 square feet of climbing surfaces, Hangar 18 offers ample terrain for climbers of all skill levels. From first-timers just learning to belay to seasoned climbers seeking a vertical challenge, athletes of all stripes can find suitable terrain and helpful assistance from experienced staff members. At the various Hangar 18 outposts, climbers can find top ropes and lead routes circling freestanding boulders, challenging crack climbs, and 40-foot roof climbs. And, after traversing 70-foot routes through lead caves and descending towering boulders, climbers can decompress in a yoga class.